Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hailz to all, I just purchased a 2019 Boulevard M50 love the bike....but I'm looking to upgrade my stock exhaust for a slip-on. I have not been able to find any aftermarket parts dealer that carries anything for my model year...... I was hoping that Vance and Hines had something but they show nothing. I just hope that some can help or point me in the rite direction.

·
Super Moderator
12,828 Posts
Hailz to all, I just purchased a 2019 Boulevard M50 love the bike....but I'm looking to upgrade my stock exhaust for a slip-on.
A noisier exhaust is NOT an "upgrade".

It might actually make the engine run worse.
And it is ILLEGAL in the U.S. I don't know about Canada.

Do the responsible thing and leave it alone.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
M50s have been fuel injected for quite some time now. Set of slip-ons are not going to make it run worse. I had Vince & Hines Cruzers on mine (full system). I kept the baffles in and it was louder but not obnoxious, imo. It wasn't illegal when I did it, but that might have changed.. Canada could be a different matter.

You may be able to find something listed for an older model if there haven't been any major updates for your bike through the years.

Nothing wrong looking for a better sound, but remember, loud pipes do not save lives.

·
Super Moderator
12,828 Posts
Set of slip-ons are not going to make it run worse.
It wasn't illegal when I did it, but that might have changed..
When did you do that.....1930 ? :unsure:
Bad advice on both counts.
Most fuel injection systems are not designed to properly cope with a change to completely open pipes and might indeed run worse.
And "unapproved" exhaust systems are illegal everywhere in the US.....since about 1970.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
When did you do that.....1930 ? :unsure:
Bad advice on both counts.
Most fuel injection systems are not designed to properly cope with a change to completely open pipes and might indeed run worse.
And "unapproved" exhaust systems are illegal everywhere in the US.....since about 1970.
Nobody said anything about completely open pipes. The OP said slip-ons. That's it. The leap to open pipes was made by you, and only you.

·
Super Moderator
12,828 Posts
Nobody said anything about completely open pipes. The OP said slip-ons. That's it. The leap to open pipes was made by you, and only you.
No need to start a fight here; that wasn't my intention.

Fact IS that any kind of "muffler" without baffles in it is very close to a straight pipe, both in sound and in the effect it has on exhaust flow.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
So one could leave the baffles in. Like I did. 🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
12,828 Posts
So one could leave the baffles in. Like I did. 🤷‍♂️
BUT......is it a real baffle......or is it a piece of pipe with a big hole all the way through the center, which really isn't any baffle at all ???

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
I didn't take it out and look at so... It didn't say for off road use only. The universal disclaimer for "it's your fault if you get a ticket for running it on the street".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts