Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i am new to this site, recently purchased a 2006 M50. I want to do some modifications ie. More top end speed, Windscreen, Highway pegs i was wondering if other owners had some ideas or opinions for me.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
welcome.

theres alot of info here on bike modifications.
be prepared to drop a couple of grand on the bike at least if your buying new parts.

engine based mods:
intake: something like a hypercharger, naked jugs, those pointy cone filters.
fuel processor: power commander, cobra , bully, couple of others.
exhaust: lots and lots of threads on various exhausts and modifications and the legality of such.

drive train
the dj drive. a c90's final gear modded to fit the m50's
someone else made a different final gear for the M50. cant remember who off the top of my head.

windshields are a tradeoff between looks and protection. bigger means more protection but more drag. smaller tends to look better ( to me at least) but less protection.
highway pegs are kinda the same. find some highway bars you like the looks of then find some pegs that will bolt on.

do some reading, look at the tons of "pics of my bike" threads and then when you have specific questions like: what are your thoughts on the cobra powerpro fuel processor or should i go 2in1 or dual exhaust. we can generally answer those. or a least give you wildly differing opinions.

·
Registered
323 Posts
How much top end are you looking for? Mine topped out fully loaded with gear and my fat ass climbing a steep mountain pass at 85. Just what the cars were doing. I've also had it up over a 105 on a fairly level freeway and it got there pretty fast. by the way my 05 m50 is pretty much stock engine wise. I've only drilled the back plates on the exhaust.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Welcome pcargill,

You've come to the right place for thoughts and ideas to mod up your new ride. Trust me, spend a little time looking around and youer only problem will be having the bills to do everything on what will be an ever expanding list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts