Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a dual citizen and trying to bring my 1991 HD FXRP into Perth. Rejected on a personal import so have to have a compliance plate. SuperCycles is supposed to get an engineer and approval the first of the year. I have the shipping all set up but just wondering if any of you have had any luck bringing a bike in and any suggestions? 503.jpg

·
Super Moderator
12,827 Posts
any suggestions?
Is it really worth it......I mean REALLY ??
Try to be practical and get the emotion out of it.

I have dual state "citizenship" and quickly realized that the best option was another bike.

YMMV. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have thought of it a lot and considered several options like selling it back in the states and getting one here but there is a real difference here. HD go for about 3 times the money here in Australia than they do in the states. This bike that I rebuilt and have had for some time back in the states cost me about $15k all up from buying it, restoring and now shipping it here and registering. To buy a similar or new bike I am looking at 20-25K. Bit of a difference. All vehicles are so much cheaper in the USA especially in Australia. This is a fantastic place to live but not the cheapest. Putting the money aside, I spent a lot of time getting this bike the way I want it. Yup it is emotional and should not be this difficult to get it here but it is. There is only one place in all of Australia that can get this bike compliant and currently it is on the other coast. Hope to have one here in Perth by the first of the year. will see what happens.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't think so. Looks like the only way at this point is the compliance plate. Still looking and hoped someone here might have been through this process.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts