Motorcycle Forum banner

Is it gonna be Christmas this summer?

5K views 78 replies 17 participants last post by  Gixxerman 
#1 ·
My wife and I went for dinner at Outback Steakhouse yesterday to celebrate our 11 years of being together. It was a romantic dinner since our daughter wasn't with us. Our daughter isn't too found of a good steak so my wife and I took the opportunity to go there. I had wanted to go to Outback since I was in Philadelphia and the guy there told me that we had two Outback in Ottawa.

I can hear some of you say "Hey Louis is off topic, this is the streetbike forum, not offtopic". Well this is just an intro. :)

Well as we were discussing, my wife told me that she would approve me getting a new bike this year since I use it lot and sell my Kawasaki GPz550 from 1984 which needs an important overhaul. There are still details to be worked out such as financing but I'm smelling Christmas this summer.

On my list:
SV650S, I'd be tempted in getting a used Silver 2003 but I'd add the lower cowling.

#5 ·
An 84 Kawa ... can you still get parts for that?

Congratulations on the anniversary ... I hope that you also had a romantic time *after* dinner. :)

The SV650S is a nice machine ... you'll definitely enjoy it. But like we tell everyone else, try out a bunch of bikes - are you really sure that you want to sit so low on the tank? I always think that the low riding position of the SV650S or the Gixxer must be uncomfortable for longer rides - I prefer the more upright position of the SV650 (no S) or the Bandit (or my GSX 1400 :mrgreen: ). Also keep in mind that your 'old' 550 is the equivalent of a modern 250 - so moving up to a modern 650 will be a major performance boost. Take it slow and easy!

#14 ·
SuzukiGirl1 said:
Nice! Yeah...Louis will be in the SV club!!! ;)

Congratulations on the anniversary too...11 years is a looooooooong time. My record is a year and a half! :shock:
:shock:

Ex-Wife: From first date to final divorce - 14 years.

Current Girlfriend: 3 years, 1 month and going strong :)

#18 ·
congrats on the SV & the anniversary....
me and the current GF 5 Years tomarrow (Feb 29th) damn leap year..

#19 ·
trappercase said:
I always wondered if you two have ever met. :?:

Do Santa and Mrs. Claus sip Cocoa together.......YES!!!!

I figure they are kinda like dark Mob Boss figures. They only come out at night and talk with accents and stuff. You know, they wear trench coats and have 'underlings' and 'Yes-men'.

:lol:

Louis, you can buy my GS500 for $4,000. I don't mind shipping it to you. :p

#20 ·
That's great! I hope you can join us in the 21st century. It will transform your motorcycling experience.

#26 ·
Hardware said:
What, there's a ghost in Rigaud?
Love translation software, never know what's going to come out at the other end.

Actually "en revenant de rigaud" is a silly song that's been around forever up here in Qc, keeps kids amused on long trips along the lines of a hundred bottles of beer on the wall.

"en revenant de rigaud" means returning or coming back from Rigaud but your software isn't too bad because revenant can also mean a ghost, as in something that comes back from the dead.

Louis you picked the one day in the year I was busy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.