Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent 30 of my 45 years riding on big sportsbikes and now I'm look for something more comfortable but with good looks, loads of torque, exhaust sound and reliability. A lot of nakeds have some features but none seem to have the complete package. MT 10, z1000, S1000r all nice but not quite there, Triumph speed triple RS oh so close, Tuono v4 1100 lovely sound but (not too much) questionable reliability and too few dealers... but the sound wow! KTM super duke R handling is not quite right...

Suzuki have released the gsx-s1000 in 2 forms... if you count the Katana as Gsxs in different clothes... but although both can hustle they just do not have the V sound. or the looks (although that is down to personal taste).

I always loved the SV especially with aftermarket end cans on.... If Suzuki released a new updated SV 1000, SV 1100 or even 2 sv 650 engines in one bike to make an SV 1300 v4.... they can take my money now.

·
Super Moderator
12,791 Posts
Since you are going to have to compromise on at least one "requirement" on your list......
I suggest that you look for a good used Kaw Vulcan 900 CUSTOM. I think the last year for the custom was around 2010.
Best overall bike I have ever owned.

Rides and handles good. Not too heavy. Has plenty of power for what it IS. Rev's more comfortably that most V-twins.
And probably would have something close to the sound you seem to want ......IF you insist on being obnoxious and disregarding the law and what other people think.

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
Two words. Ducati. Monster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts