Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My last bike eight years ago was a Honda 750 Night Hawk which I loved, after making some mods. I live in Argentina but plan to come to the US twice a year for a month long touring bike trip. I have been reading about the 2014 Kawaski 1000 ABS. I like the idea of four cyclinders, around one liter engine size, and other features of the bike. BUT, I am wondering if the bike would be too much much sport and not enough touring if I rode the bike 300-500 miles a day for a few weeks at a time.

Anyone who has this bike, or can recommend something else that has minimal vibration, comfortable, great handling, and can be comfortable for touring several hours day after day, please let me know. I have been out of the bike world for eight years and a lot has happened!

Thanks,
Healey5

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
well kawasaki makes a few 1liter bikes. i'll assume your talking about the ninja 1000 ( as branded here in the US). and not the z1000 or zx-10r.

its more comfortable to ride than a zx. but your riding position is far more agressive than a nighthawk. if your comfortable with that then theres no reason you couldnt do 500 miles on it. i'd also look at the suzuki gxf1250fa which is what i'd buy in that market segment. and the honda vfr1200f

theres also the new cb1100 which is basically a larger version of your old nighthawk. just retro styled.

i take it your trying to stay away from the "true" sport tours like the concours, st1300, and bmw r1200gt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts