Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY buddy has a 06 gsxr 600 with 20k miles on it and he told me today I could take over payments for 200 a month and I would have to give him 600 down and he owes 4k on it???? Need some help don't know if its good or bad cause I do t know values of bikes.

·
Super Moderator
13,854 Posts
and he owes 4k on it???? Need some help don't know if its good or bad cause I do t know values of bikes.
$200 a month for how many months ?? THAT will be the real cost......plus $600.

As for value, visit KBB.COM and EDMUNDS.COM.

My gut feeling is that it's a little high......but that's just a guess.

AND.....if he is not willing or able to actually have the loan TRANSFERRED into your name........then forget it.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
AND.....if he is not willing or able to actually have the loan TRANSFERRED into your name........then forget it.
:plus1:

if he's got 20 months left that'd be about right. there are 2 in my area on craigslist for $4k w/ less miles. find out what the buyout is ( he should have statement or something).

i have a hard time buying used crotch rockets unless i know the owner. too many ragged on, lightly crashed or salvage titles out there. since this is your 1st bike, get a dealer to inspect it as well before signing anything.

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
the mileage doesn't bother me too much, but it is a 6 year old bike and the price (north of 4 k kit and kaboodle) sounds a bit steep.

Let me offer a comparison.

At the toy store, to get a tire, there was a 2002 Kawasaki zzr1200; mind you, it had some 35 k on the clock, but it does have 1200 cc with 160 hp and a top speed of about the same.

Value for that bike? Just over 5 k.

Twice the bike in nearly every way (including mileage, but on a bigger engine that becomes a bit less of an issue) for barely $1,000 more.

If, however, there is a warranty still involved (unlikely) it would be a bit more tempting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.