Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else get "itchy a** syndrome" when riding at highway speeds? Kind of like what a cheap chainsaw or lawnmower does to your hands. My M50 gave it to me bad at 70mph, and even the 1600 gives me a case of the itchy butt (but not as bad) from the vibration at highway speeds after a short time. Is it the stock seats? Could it be the make up of my butt? A combo platter of both? I'd love to get out on the open road this Spring and maybe take a couple of good long road trips, but if I'm going to have my butt itch until it goes numb, then that plan may be on hold. Just wanted to see if anyone else got it like I do. Maybe my rear nerves just need to get a callous worn on them from riding.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I suggest you Wipe better... :D

·
Registered
849 Posts
hmm never got that...come to think of it, i never had a problem yet with the m50 seat either, but longest ive been on it is only like 2 hours at a time. Could it be your sitting position? Maybe move up or back or something...not sure...

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dragbar said:
I suggest you Wipe better... :D
Wipe? What's that mean? I clean the bike all the time....

Nahh, not a hygene issue (wouldn't that be sticky a**?) It might be my seating position, or my butt just needs to get used to the fact that it's a bike seat, not a bucket seat. Maybe I've got "spoiled butt syndrome". Beats "soiled butt syndrome", hug dragbar?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
trappercase said:
Preparation H
Nahh, it's my cheeks - up towards the tailbone. As for that M50 seat, it only bothered me a couple of times. The Marauder seat is very comfortable. I'll get used to the RPM buzz.

·
Registered
665 Posts
OK SOMEBODY HAS TO DO THIS!!!
:wwpics:

I have heard of a product called "Anti Monkey butt" plus they also have the gell padded shorts......actually thought about getting some of those.

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
It's commonly known as monkey butt, and can be remedied with the above mentioned powders as well as sheepskin seat covers. Good clothing (Underarmor, for example) makes a big difference, too.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Monkey butt, huh? That makes sense as I have probably looked like a monkey scratching my cheeks at least once. I don't see how powder would help as it's a vibration issue; and I can guarantee I wash the hind parts frequently. Mamma wouldn't put up with any kind of funk. Would any of the aftermarket seats help absorb some of the vibes? I've been eyeballing some of the seats from Mustang and Corbin.

·
Registered
585 Posts
mr_resistible said:
OK SOMEBODY HAS TO DO THIS!!!

I have heard of a product called "Anti Monkey butt" plus they also have the gell padded shorts......actually thought about getting some of those.

how do you achieve these pics

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
Are you sure it's a vibration issue? Many people get it and on silky smooth bikes, too. I tend to believe it's the result of anaerobic bacteria and fungus growth. It gets hot and moist down there during a long ride.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
I gotta say it....:lol: ...this whole thread is just friggin' hilarious!!! Thank you for sharing!;)

Ya did answer one lingering question I had though....concerning why anybody would name their web site this.

www.monkeybuttparts.com

AAANNnnyway.......

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RowdyRed94 said:
Are you sure it's a vibration issue? Many people get it and on silky smooth bikes, too. I tend to believe it's the result of anaerobic bacteria and fungus growth. It gets hot and moist down there during a long ride.
It's got to be the vibes; I've only had it a couple of times, and both rides were under 45 minutes. That's why I was a little curious to whether anyone else had that happen or not. The only way I can describe it is like the itching you can get in your hands if you use a cheaper chainsaw, though not that bad. Just enough to make you want to scratch the top of your cheeks. Both the M50 and Marauder 1600 are smooth, though the 1600 is much smoother, and I still got just a touch of it with the 1600. I think my booty is just spoiled to comfy cage seats. I'm thinking I need more saddle time - come on Spring!

Bacteria!?! If it ever happens again I'll run home and have my wife give it the old 'niff test. See if she smells anything fungal.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Tommo32 said:
never had that problem but then ive always ridden yamahas or hondas
I'm sick of this troll. You don't have anything better to do? I've owned several different brands of bikes and they are all good. You must not be that impressed with your honda or yamaha if you are cruising through are forum all the time. Just a matter of time till trapper or one of the other mods bans your gay azz from this site. GO AWAY TROLL, NO CHILDREN ALLOWED!!!

His first post on this site got removed cause he said something to the effect that most of us rode ap50's and were gay.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I caught it too before it got removed. Funny how he was drawn this time to a post dealing with the topic of some guy's ***. Like a moth to a lightbulb.

·
Registered
589 Posts
RowdyRed94 said:
It's commonly known as monkey butt, and can be remedied with the above mentioned powders as well as sheepskin seat covers. Good clothing (Underarmor, for example) makes a big difference, too.
I thought monkeybutt was when you ride a dirtbike at a furious pace all day long and it beats your a** so bad that it turns all swollen and red like a baboon's......

1 - 20 of 51 Posts