Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Perhaps if someone looked at page 7-28 of the VZ800 MOM, they would know that the proper tire pressure would be 29 PSI for solo or 36 PSI for two-up riding. 18 PSI is unsafe.

·
Banned
105 Posts
my M50 handles wayyyyyy better with the tire pressure at 18 psi, the tires hold the road like glue, don't condem it untill you try it, and the tread on the tire is even on the middle and the sides. Ask the guys that race bikes what tire pressure they have.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
TM50 said:
my M50 handles wayyyyyy better with the tire pressure at 18 psi, the tires hold the road like glue, don't condem it untill you try it, and the tread on the tire is even on the middle and the sides. Ask the guys that race bikes what tire pressure they have.
I don't race. I ride. ;) :D

·
Registered
335 Posts
TM50 said:
of course they'll be even....the whole tire is flat on the ground and if I'm not mistaken, that isn't the way a motorcycle tire was developed! If I'm wrong, anybody that has a clue can correct me! [ie, TM50, I don't wanna hear your BS!]

·
Registered
851 Posts
Like I said, I already figured it out, he can't ride and thinks bigger will solve his issues. His issue will still be there especially if he tries to run the tire pressures down at 18lbs :roll: With 5000+ miles under his butt after a full season he already knows everything. Guess it would shock him to know I put 18,000 miles on my first bike in my first season :roll: Guess how much I knew :confused: I knew enough to know that I still had plenty to learn. He's a troll IMO

trappercase said:
And you want to buy a VStrom 1000??? WTF???

·
Registered
848 Posts
merlot said:
of course they'll be even....the whole tire is flat on the ground and if I'm not mistaken, that isn't the way a motorcycle tire was developed! If I'm wrong, anybody that has a clue can correct me! [ie, TM50, I don't wanna hear your BS!]

I would have to agree with Merlot. Also, lowering your tire PSI will make them ware out much faster as well as unsafe.

I haven't been online much in the last day or two. I see we went from an Ichy a$$ to tire pressure.

CJJTULSA - Your thread has been hi jacked.

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
TM, you're talking about drag racers, right? That has absolutely no bearing on street riding. It's dangerous and just plain dumb.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I completely get it too mate.. riding a Monster 696 @ Sydney, Downunder environments. Anytime I hit the highway or just do any long rides I get the same side effects.. is the bike a V twin??

Anyone else get "itchy a** syndrome" when riding at highway speeds? Kind of like what a cheap chainsaw or lawnmower does to your hands. My M50 gave it to me bad at 70mph, and even the 1600 gives me a case of the itchy butt (but not as bad) from the vibration at highway speeds after a short time. Is it the stock seats? Could it be the make up of my butt? A combo platter of both? I'd love to get out on the open road this Spring and maybe take a couple of good long road trips, but if I'm going to have my butt itch until it goes numb, then that plan may be on hold. Just wanted to see if anyone else got it like I do. Maybe my rear nerves just need to get a callous worn on them from riding.

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Hey Maaaaate that first post is 5 years old....dont think he's still here. Keep an eye open for Mr Plod in NSW they love bike riders....NOT!....hahahaha

41 - 51 of 51 Posts