Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my new motorcycle jacket in the mail and I love it. It fits great everywhere but it seems short to me. Maybe I am just used to longer jackets, but where exactly are motorcycle jackets suppose to fit on your body? This one sits right at belt level. Is this correct or should I buy a bigger one? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
199 Posts
My personal preference is that the jacket is long enough to overlap pants for warmth when sitting on the bike, But not that long that I sit on the jacket or restricts leg movement getting on the bike. The Jackets cater for preferences and different height people. So long the jacket bike etc does what I want and I'm comfy and happy is all that matters. prob why my sons laugh at me a lot

·
Super Moderator
12,898 Posts
This one sits right at belt level. Is this correct or should I buy a bigger one? Thanks for any help.
I've never had one longer than that. You DON'T want to end up sitting on the tail and you want a fairly shug fit at the bottom to keep from blowing up like a parachute !! :shock:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok great. Thank you for the replies I appreciate it. Maybe I will wear the jacket around a little bit before I make any decisions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The jacket should sit at the belt level. Does your jacket have a pant attachment? This feature helps to prevent the jacket from flying off. If the jacket fits you well, then why bother to look for a bigger one?

·
Super Moderator
12,898 Posts
The last post in this thread prior to yours was TWELVE YEARS ago.
I suspect it has been resolved by now. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts