Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been looking into getting a protective jacket, and stumbled upon the Alomar. This jacket is pretty cool and transforms into a backpack to carry all your stuff. Looks like you can get almost 50% off the retail price. Anyway here's a link to check it out, I don't know of any other product like it. Alomar Jacket

·
Super Moderator
12,532 Posts
Hey guys, I've been looking into getting a protective jacket, and stumbled upon the Alomar.
Just stumbled upon it.......right.

I'm sorry but this has a really BAD spammy smell to it.
You aren't at all associated with the creator of this product, are you ??
Not being in production yet is just a minor detail.......NOT.

In general, a jacket with a light weight nylon shell provides almost NO abrasion protection.
Added to the fact that most of the riders I know don't want to have a pack on their back when not on the bike.......and I think it's an instant failure........except maybe with the campus scooter crowd.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi EasyRider, I am not in fact affiliated with the creator of the jacket. As I mentioned in my post in the new members section, I'm pretty new to riding and have been looking around at jackets. Through my searching, I came upon this jacket. I am new to your forums, as I said in the new members section as well. I would be happy to remove this post if it makes you uncomfortable, but I just thought I was adding to this category.

·
Super Moderator
12,532 Posts
but I just thought I was adding to this category.
It's all good.....so far.
You are just caught in the unfortunate position of having a REAL story that sounds a lot like one that spammers make up all the time.
I got a good laugh out of their claim that space rockets are made out of nylon cloth.

That page you found is a solicitation for money to start up a company to make them; it was NOT an offer to actually sell the jackets yet. Look a bit more.

As with things like helmets, visit your local dealer and see what they have.
And when it's time to buy, consider spending your money locally so that the dealer will still BE there if and when you need them.

Times are REALLY tough for most bike dealers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts