Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this bike recently and it had no power after installing a new battery, found out they had the cables to the battery wired backwards. So switched then and had power, and bike started. I made it to the end of the block when it died and now now headlight nothing. When I take my tester I have power from the battery to the silniod, and to the assembly circuit breaker (main). When I turn the switch on with the key, I lose everything. I checked all fuses in the fuse box all where good. Any ideas if it's a ground issue or what.

·
Super Moderator
13,035 Posts
IF....by "everything" you mean that you lose power as measured directly on the battery posts too......then your new battery has gone bad and has an internal open.

IF.....the battery still has power, then you have an open somewhere else, like a loose or corroded connection.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took found the splice, it was In the headlight wire. They have the fan for the radiator wired I to the horn with a toggle switch and I have to rewire the turn signals, headlight, thermostat sencer, start button, horn and fan. My first time rewiring a bike. Any pointers before I start?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts