Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey MCF.

Just picked my self up an old FA50 for a whopping $230. It runs alright, body is complete, but there are a few issues and concerns. I dont know much about these scooters, so I'll list the issues off to you guys. Please feel free to tell me what you all think i should do to adress them. In the long run, i plan to restore it. For now, i just need to make it street legal.

- Speedo doesn't work (But dash light does). The cable seems to be intact.
- No rear taillight, or blinkers. I think the wiring is still there, but not too sure. Where could i pick up a good set besides Ebay?
- Headlight doesn't work (Wiring?)
- Ignition cylinder has been hacked on: you can turn it with a screwdriver, or any small object :shock: It's also loose from the dash.

I will post some pics of it soon.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Sounds like you paid about $200 too much lol.
Ebay probably is your best bet for parts, probably not a lot of those in the local salvage lots.
Google might turn up something if you're lucky.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hah, you're probably right. I bought it from a guy who couldn't speak English very well, so i couldn't talk to him much about it, lol.
Luckily, parts for these things seem pretty cheap. I found a used, complete dash for $30 on this scooter parts site. Forgot to mention the airbox cover is missing, causing it to bog down at high RPMs. Those seem kind of rare, so i'd better get one while i can.

Do you have any suggestions on what to look for in the future that might give me problems? Or just aspects of the bike that i should inspect closley?

·
0 Posts
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts