Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I just got my license and took the MSF course 6 weeks ago. Bought my first bike on craigslist 3 weeks ago. It is a black 98 Yamaha vstar classic 650cc. Had only 9800 miles on it and I got it for $2100! I made sure to buy quality gear too. For my helmet I got the Shoei rf-1200 with the photochromatic shield and pinlock insert. It's awesome only needing one shield and the tint works real well. I'm still learning a lot about how to ride and have been wrenching on my bike to get more familiar with it. I can't stop riding and try to be in the saddle as often as I can.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Welcome! Chill! Slow Down! Don't get too enthusiastic out there. There is still lots to learn.
Hope you took a Motorcycle Safety Course on How To Ride?
Things happen quickly, so you need to know your options. A Motorcycle Safety Course can prepare you for those events.
There have been a lot of good people who were dead right.

After all these warnings, be careful, and have fun out there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! Chill! Slow Down! Don't get too enthusiastic out there. There is still lots to learn.
Hope you took a Motorcycle Safety Course on How To Ride?
Things happen quickly, so you need to know your options. A Motorcycle Safety Course can prepare you for those events.
There have been a lot of good people who were dead right.

After all these warnings, be careful, and have fun out there.
Thanks, I took the MSF course (aka motorcycle safety course) before getting my license. It was 4 days long. A 3 hour online course, a 5 hour in class course then 2 days riding a 125cc Kawasaki eliminator cruiser on a course for 10 hours total.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts