Motorcycle Forum banner

K&N Air filter question

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Clint 
#1 ·
I just bought what is supposed to be a k&n air filter on ebay and when i got it i looked it over and im pretty sure its a stock air filter in a k&n box :x Can anyone describe to me what a k&n is supposed to look like? Does it actually say k&n on it somewhere? The one i got has the suzuki symbol and has the number 20F0 and it also has sae pa6 stamped on it......... Its for a 2000 Sv650 if that helps

#2 · (Edited)
A K&N air filter looks like this:

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=SU-6503

Mine came sealed in a plastic bag (with K&N logos all over it), as well as some stickers to put on the bike (to tell the mechanics that it's a K&N filter, and they shouldn't throw it away at the next service). The filter is somewhat oily, since it uses oil to capture the dust.

#5 ·
They are much heavier than a paper filter and they are quite rigid. You can't easily flex the material on a K&N. Also, they're red even when new.

You got screwed.

#9 ·
Definitely leave negative feedback, assuming the person you bought it from has a valid account. Someone screwed me on ebay once when I tried selling a bike and when I tried to leave them negative feedback, I couldn't because their account was listed as being inactive for over 2 years.

#10 ·
You apparently failed to check feedback before your purchase. Tsk, tsk.

#11 ·
Who me? The guy that screwed me over had great feedback, but his account was inactive. I should clarify...I wasn't buying anything from him. He did a "buy it now" on what I was selling and ended my bid. I couldn't contact him since none of his info was current.

#13 ·
Maybe it was a genuine mistake. Have you had any correspondence yet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.