Motorcycle Forum banner

Katana mirrors question

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Gixxerdale 
#1 ·
Is there a way to adjust the mirrors so you don't have to move from side to side to see what's behind you (so as to look around your arms)?

Also, the previous owner droped the bike on the left side. There are a few cracks in the fairing right by the mirror and down by the kickstand (some scrapes there too). The left mirror vibrates more than the right one, and I can jiggle it more than the right one (from the base), but its seems screwed in tight. Could there be something "below the surface" that's broken and thus causing this mirror to be somewhat loose? I'm talking about the connection between the mirror and the bike.

#2 ·
rteichman said:
Is there a way to adjust the mirrors so you don't have to move from side to side to see what's behind you (so as to look around your arms)?

Also, the previous owner droped the bike on the left side. There are a few cracks in the fairing right by the mirror and down by the kickstand (some scrapes there too). The left mirror vibrates more than the right one, and I can jiggle it more than the right one (from the base), but its seems screwed in tight. Could there be something "below the surface" that's broken and thus causing this mirror to be somewhat loose? I'm talking about the connection between the mirror and the bike.
My solution to veiwing my shoulders in my mirrors was to toss the stock mirrors and mount Napolean bar end mirrors. Now I can see the whole world as I'm passing by! They are a throwback to the Cafe Racer look. But hey, they are good enough for Jay Lenos jet bike and I like them too. No vibration at all. Many positions to set them in, as well as folding to split traffic. You can see them in these pictures of my bike.

http://www.bikepics.com/members/gixxerdale/

As for the loose mirror, you may have a loose or damaged front fairing mount. I'd suggest pulling the plastics and taking a closer look.

#4 ·
rteichman said:
I can't really see the mirrors in the picture. Do you have a vendor name or other pictures? Where do they mount? BTW, that's a really nice bike!

Thanks
Rob
Hey Rob,
Sorry about that. Guess I'm ised to working with this huge monitor where you see all. The mirrors mount on the end of your handlebars. I found a picture of them on this link.

http://www.motostrano-store.com/nabarendmi.html

Most any dealer or accessory house can order them. I paid $30.00 each through the Suzuki dealer here.

#6 ·
rteichman said:
Thanks. OK dumb question time, doesn't it get in your way (physically, not the view) with the mirrors at end of the handle bar?
\

The mirror mounts to the end of the bar. On a sport bike it replaces the Bar End Weight. This places the upright mirror suppport about an inch beyond the end of your grip. The support arm curves forward a couple inches and upward. Nothing in the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.