Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 06 vtx 1300s. the kickstand is a pain to grab with your heel, any mods or suggestions? thank you

·
Super Moderator
13,363 Posts
i have an 06 vtx 1300s. the kickstand is a pain to grab with your heel, any mods or suggestions? thank you
I am not really familiar with that model but...............
On many bikes, you can loosen the bolt or bolts that hold the kickstand assembly in place and swivel it around just a little bit so that it sticks out more.
Don't want it to stick out TOO far and don't want defeat the kickstand safety switch either.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not really familiar with that model but...............
On many bikes, you can loosen the bolt or bolts that hold the kickstand assembly in place and swivel it around just a little bit so that it sticks out more.
Don't want it to stick out TOO far and don't want defeat the kickstand safety switch either.
i tried that with no luck, thanks anyways

·
Registered
2002 Suzuki Marauder VZ800
10 Posts
Kuryakyn (and many others) make universal kickstand extensions, they bolt on to most kick/side stands. When the stand is up, they stick out perpendicular with the bike so they're easy to grab with your heel & you can just push the stand down.

Looking at the construction... a u-clamp, a bent steel strip, and some rubber ought to accomplish the same result. Albeit less refined.

Kuryakyn vendor link for reference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kuryakyn (and many others) make universal kickstand extensions, they bolt on to most kick/side stands. When the stand is up, they stick out perpendicular with the bike so they're easy to grab with your heel & you can just push the stand down.

Looking at the construction... a u-clamp, a bent steel strip, and some rubber ought to accomplish the same result. Albeit less refined.

Kuryakyn vendor link for reference.
i tried the kuryakyn clamp, junk.. both nuts snapped clean off as i tried to tighten them so i think i will use the concept and drill 2 holes in the end and mount with flush bolts and lock nuts

·
Registered
2002 Suzuki Marauder VZ800
10 Posts
i tried the kuryakyn clamp, junk.. both nuts snapped clean off as i tried to tighten them so i think i will use the concept and drill 2 holes in the end and mount with flush bolts and lock nuts
That sucks to hear, cheap steel or not steel at all? You can find a strap style u-clamp at most hardware stores, often rubber lined as well. This might make the process easier as it will stick in place and prevent the arrangement from twisting. Probably not as nice looking...

Either way, good luck and I hope you share the result with us!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That sucks to hear, cheap steel or not steel at all? You can find a strap style u-clamp at most hardware stores, often rubber lined as well. This might make the process easier as it will stick in place and prevent the arrangement from twisting. Probably not as nice looking...

Either way, good luck and I hope you share the result with us!
looks are not that important... to a point lol but as soon as i get it figured out i will post for sure .. thanks for your advise you have my wheels turning

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
Most kickstands are fitted to the frame on a welded collar.so rotating it wont be an option as you are probably already aware. I would be tempted to weld a short extention rod onto it....or failing that try to bend the stand slightly so it sticks out further....obviously removing it to do either of these.

good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Kuryakin have anything for your model?
Aftermarket options are out there or buy one off a wrecked bike and modify it on the cheap but make sure it doesn't snag or is able to get caught on anything including the road.
Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so i bought an after market clamp bolt on,, snapped so i took flat stock and made one identical and it dont bend

1 - 10 of 10 Posts