Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first true Motorcycle - 2000 V Star Classic, and I thought I'd introduce myself.

-- Borrowed and drove a few 125cc dirtbikes in the woods as kid

-- Bought a 150cc scooter 4 years ago to commute to work and put about 2000 miles on that in 2+ years

-- 1.5 years ago, I bought a 250cc Qlink Legacy (auto tranny motorcycle) to commute more often when gas hit $4.00 / gallon and put about 2000 miles on that.

-- Took the MSF class and just bought a 2000 V Star Classic because I was getting tired of getting blown around on the roads on a bike that weighed 350 lbs. Plus I missed shifting. Needless to say my wife was not pleased, but after I took her for a spin we're on speaking terms again.

-- I've have crashed before, when a dog ran from behind some high hedges directly into my front wheel when riding home on a country road at night. I had the usuals -- a dislocated shoulder and some road rash, but I had on a full-face helmet, full finger gloves, a jacket and boots so the damage was minimized -- WEAR YOUR GEAR!

That's about it, so thanks for all of the invaluable information you guys have given me as I lurked around the site. I hope to eventually return the favor.

·
M-J Member of the Month!!
2,758 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you take the same approach to the wife I do. It is easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

·
Registered
391 Posts
:welcomes:
from New Brunswick, Canada!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts

Hi from Wisconsin. Have fun and ride safe. :bluethum:

·
Right Clicker
5,637 Posts
:leg:

:biker:

A TEXAS

HOWDY " :welcomes: " NEIGHBOR

Oh what a great trip!!!

:wheelie:

:301:

• I ride a 2006 Suzuki C50T Boulevard.

• The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.

• This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 30 seconds.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
:welcomes: from GA
I don't have to worry about asking permission (no wife) I just tell my girl after I do it, and deal with it then...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts