Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you guys, but I would be afraid to ride this 100hp beast in the dirt!
View attachment 6562
View attachment 6563
The KTM 950 Super Enduro R is the ideal bike for all those who want to tackle absolutely everything. During chassis tests it dismisses the roughest abuse. Over and over the WP absorber components plunge into action just in time. Even hard-core expert Giovanni is a bit surprised that the 950 Super Enduro R can be as good as new – even after copious amounts of high flying. “I might be worn out, but it seems you can’t kill off that thing!”

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
"Super" is right! What a monster.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a customer that just bought one and describes it as a Baja Trophy Truck on two wheels :shock: ! He took it down to the So Cal desert and crashed the living piss out of it ... 40mph + highside ... compound break to the wrist and a lot of broken bones in his hand. As soon as he got out of the hospital and back to Nor Cal, he called and said " Doug, can you cancel all the back ordered parts for th Super Enduro? ... I'm selling that death trap!"

I'm still trying to convince him to let me ride it before it sells just so I know how insane this machine is!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have one and love it. Its two handfulls in the dirt:) Just got a set of supermoto wheels for it. Best of both worlds:bluethum:

·
Hangin' On For Dear Life
11,304 Posts
I still say someone needs to lower that beast and put it on a Flattrack. Can you imagine what it would do on a mile track. Might actually keep up with the TL 1000's that Suzuki is running.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
Can u tell me where you bought the SM wheels, I have a 950SE and have the same plan in my mind.
Jan
I got them from Woody's Wheel Works in Colorado. They are a little pricey but top quality. I paid $2400 for Excel rims, Eagle hubs, tires and brake disks. That price also included sealing the rims for tubeless tires, mount/balance and shipping.

WoodysWheelWorks.com

In my opinion it was money well spent. Huge improvement on the road and a complete blast to ride.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Any experienced rider should always be aware of his limitations, and the 100hp is something that the rider can control and constantly change by the position of his/her right wrist, so as brutal as all that power might be, I personally would be more concerned with the things that can't be adjusted by the rider, things like a 400 pound dry weight, and the relatively short 10 inches of wheel travel, IMHO my 525 EX/C would be a better/faster choice in all situations except wide open deserts, or flat smooth fire roads, of course with all that said, I do agree it would be a hoot to ride.:shock::twisted::mrgreen:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts