Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone am new to this i just got a M50 2005 suzuki with 5000 miles from a dealer ship. I took a MTC course cause i have no clutch or motorcycle experience. I failed the course took it two times but i got a lot of experience and understanding enough to ride my bike around my community. I plan to take the dmv test after i have put some miles on my bike. My main problem is my left control on the M50 i cant reach them if am holding the clutch. even without holding the clutch it requires a good amount of my hand to reach over. When i was using the MTC course bike i notice it was easy to play with the clutch and controls. Does anyone have any suggestion?

·
Super Moderator
12,202 Posts
What is there on the left side with the clutch ? Horn and turn signals ??
If so, you should not try to operate either of those with the clutch pulled in anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone am new to this i just got a M50 2005 suzuki with 5000 miles from a dealer ship. I took a MTC course cause i have no clutch or motorcycle experience. I failed the course took it two times but i got a lot of experience and understanding enough to ride my bike around my community. I plan to take the dmv test after i have put some miles on my bike. My main problem is my left control on the M50 i cant reach them if am holding the clutch. even without holding the clutch it requires a good amount of my hand to reach over. When i was using the MTC course bike i notice it was easy to play with the clutch and controls. Does anyone have any suggestion?
When you say play with the clutch are you referring to reaching the other controls on the left? If so I wouldn’t worry about that to much when You have the clutch pulled in. Just master the friction zone going around your hood or a parking lot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Although I'm not familiar with the M50, the position of most clutch (and front brake) levers are adjustable. Your clutch lever assembly might not be in the most usable position for you. If you loosen the mounting screws, you should be able to rotate the lever on the handlebar and even move it closer or farther from the left control switches.
Congratulations and enjoy your new toy!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts