Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find replacement break/clutch levers for my bike. currently I have only found them in silver or fake carbon fiber, but would like black. any suggestions? asv makes some really nice ones, but they're also priced really nicely. thanks!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Black spraypaint is your friend. Just let it cure for a couple days and you're gravy.
I spray painted mine and it rubbed off in about a week. Check eBay. A guy on there used to powder coat the silver ones and sell them for like $20

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so...presume someone is looking at these pazzo levers (amazing what you can potentially talk yourself into...). what are the benefits of the shorter levers over the longer ones? or is it more about how the bike is used? or personal preference?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Since you're a new rider I would not buy expensive levers because you will probably drop your bike once or twice during the learning process. I would instead invest in a good set of frame sliders...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, frame sliders are already there. and I've dropped the bike once or twice. I've gotten a lot better with that though lol. I would rather not spend a lot of money on levers but they're so pretty!!! can you get shorter cheap levers? and again, do I really want/need short levers?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I agree that they're cool lookin.

Do you need them?:
Proabably not. Sure they're more adjustable than the stock ones and they're probably lighter, but not enough to justify the cost (IMO). Since they're shorter I would assume it actually make the lever harder to pull.....

Do you want them?:
Heck yeah! They look awesome! ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you're 100% right...I don't really need them, and I don't think I'll buy them. the problem I'm finding is that there is no middle ground between the stamped out levers and the really expensive machined ones. that's where I'd LIKE to be...but in the mean time I should probably do cheap ones so I don't feel too bad if I break them...

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would just cut the ends off the stock ones and paint them black with rattle cans.

The key to spray painting is prepwork, and cure time. You have to let it cure by either baking it or letting it sit for a couple weeks. Unless your gloves are like sandpaper you shouldn't have any problems.

I've got pazzo's on mine. FWIW they've survived a drop w/o breaking, but I don't think they're really worth the $160 new. I went and got some handguards for my bike and turns out, the shorty levers get in the way. :-( If I had stock ones it would have been fine.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Less of a chance of breaking them the shorter they are in my opinion. They are really nice and adjust better than the stockers and you save weight too!!

Had a pair on my old bike and intend on putting them on the SV sventually

1 - 12 of 12 Posts