Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, there is a 1999 BMW RT1100 for sale near me, owner is asking $2400. It has about 39k miles on it, and the owner states it just had the 30k service by the BMW dealership and that it is in excellent condition. New front & rear tires, and Corbin seats. Just wondering what your thoughts about this bike would be.

I've never owned a BMW, a touring bike, or an 1100 for that matter. But I'm not new to riding, I've been riding for about 5 years and have owned 3 different motorcycles. (Suzuki Boulevard, Kawasaki Ninja, and a Honda Magna) I only mention that to state I don't know much about these bikes, but I've been looking into getting a touring bike, and this one seems to be in decent condition for the price. I haven't gone and looked at it yet, but I will be able to go see and test ride it in person in the next day or two.

Are there any common problems to look out for? Any signs of good or bad maintenance history?

Any tips you would have for me would be helpful. Here is a picture of the bike in question. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
12,597 Posts
For that price, I don't see how you could go really wrong.

If you are real nervous about it, arrange to take it to a BMW shop for an inspection.
Or get the owner's permission to talk to the shop that last serviced it.

IF.....you can adequately handle the size and weight, I think you will LOVE it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Yeah that sucker sold quick lol. Unfortunately I was working today so couldn't go look at it until tomorrow, and the guy texted me telling me it's sold. I was really kind of stoked to go see it. But thanks for the reply anyway!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts