Motorcycle Forum banner

Lots of Gixxers on the road today...

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  GIXXER-Mike 
#1 ·
I often see bikes on the road, but today it seems all I have been seeing are Gixxers.

On the motorway this morning there was a Gixxer 1000, black with orange (like the one that Janis is on in one of her pictures). Damn is that a good looking machine!

On the way to a customer site this afternoon, I saw the other extreme - a white Gixxer 6-something WITH A TOP CASE! What a crime! A top case on a sport bike! Geez, some people have no respect!

#3 ·
What do you call them? We have topcases (on the back of the bike) or tankbags (soft case strapped to or held on the tank with magnets).

I guess you call that a "trunk" on that side of the pond. The most popular manufacturer of topcases / trunks here is Givi (www.givi.it), an italian company.

Whatever they are called, they don't belong on the back of a sportbike! If you want a trunk, buy a Transalp or AfricaTwin! Or go whole-hog and by a friggin GoldWing!

#6 ·
Not at all, I just bought a tail net yesterday for my bike. I don't like wearing a backpack when I'm riding (it limits my movement), so I usually have it strapped to the seat behind me with bungee cords.

I used to have a Givi on my 125 - they are really practical for transporting stuff and storing your helmet. But it looks just plain stupid on the back of a sport bike or racing replica.

#11 ·
themeatmanlandry said:
I duct-tape items to the fairing . . . if they fit, of course. Comes in handy for taking the girl to the pediatrician too!

(Caution: Dust tape the child's HEAD to the fairing . . . not the torso. THey gotta' breathe ya'know? :wink: )
WoW.... :lol: :lol:

#12 ·
themeatmanlandry said:
I duct-tape items to the fairing . . . if they fit, of course.
You know...that's actually funny because one night my boyfriend went out for pizza on his bike and he didn't have his cargo net w/ him and he wanted to take the leftover pizza home for me. Well...he got home w/ a small box of pizza on the back seat w/ tape wrapped around the tail section about 10 times!

...and who said that chivalry is dead!?!? :wink: :lol:

#13 ·
I'm so cheap . . . <how cheap are you?>

I'm so cheap, the dealership GAVE me a little net thingy for my bike, 'cause the first time I rode it up there, I had a duffle bag tied to the pillion with camping string. Dude (Tony) was like, "I'm going to give you something besides a hard time for once," and out he came with a free net thingy.

I don't blame him. As a mc salesman, my crappy display of ingenuity must have made him nauseous. Hmmm . . .wrap my head in camping twine and get a free helmet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.