Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there fellow members, I was just wondering if there was anybody out there who could point me in the direction that would enable me to acquire a set of gently used aftermarket pipes for my 2000 v Star 1100... ei: V&H.. Cobra...etc. or the like... I'm in Nova Scotia Canada. Thanks people

·
Super Moderator
12,155 Posts
What do the laws in Canada say about running a vehicle without a proper muffler on it ?

In the US, that is illegal.....although it is seldom enforced.

Regardless of where you live, it is an obnoxious thing to do.......and might actually make the bike run worse.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey there fellow members, I was just wondering if there was anybody out there who could point me in the direction that would enable me to acquire a set of gently used aftermarket pipes for my 2000 v Star 1100... ei: V&H.. Cobra...etc. or the like... I'm in Nova Scotia Canada. Thanks people
If you change the pipes you might have to rejet your carbs. And i would check on local laws about inspection. I know some places do not require it there. As for where you can get a used set. There is a group on facebook, someone might have a set. Just have to make sure it is dot and emissions approved if your province requires it. https://www.facebook.com/groups/252104645212176/

·
Registered
109 Posts
And even thought it is illegal, some people switch o the factory exhaust for inspection and emissions, hen put the other pipes back on after they get the sticker.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks y'all for your comments and advice... You just got to lluuuv the biker community... And of course ....The People.

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
I see no reason why a modest increase in exhaust sound shouldnt be allowed...esp since most factory motorcycles sound like an asthmatic mouse after a ten mile cross country run. My aftermarket exhaust atracts no undue attention and as the plod force seem to ignore most of these indicates a general acceptance. It is the stupidly loud idiots who spoil it for all.

·
Registered
109 Posts
:D:whistle::mrgreen:
I see no reason why a modest increase in exhaust sound shouldnt be allowed...esp since most factory motorcycles sound like an asthmatic mouse after a ten mile cross country run. My aftermarket exhaust atracts no undue attention and as the plod force seem to ignore most of these indicates a general acceptance. It is the stupidly loud idiots who spoil it for all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts