Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got my lower fairings installed Monday. They look great. The paint matches really well. I sanded the dull silver paint off the big aluminum washers and polished them until they looked like chrome.

I haven't uploaded pics of it since I polished the aluminum washers.
It looks like a completely different bike with the lowers installed.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I do too. It's pretty rare. Only on the SV1000S in 2003, the first year they made it and the the first year of the 2nd generation SV.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I saw your other pics w/out the fairing. Looks great now. I really like the look of this bike. Could tempt me for the next bike.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I installed the integrated tail light yesterday and it looks even better now.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep my eye on them. Are you on the SVR forums as well?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I saw a sport bike last week with a single sided stretched swingarm. Is there a benefit to only being single sided?

·
M-J Member of the Month!!
2,758 Posts
I saw a sport bike last week with a single sided stretched swingarm. Is there a benefit to only being single sided?
There is none at all. People just put them on for looks. They are nice for races in which tires have to be changed during the race. But they serve no other use than that and looks. In fact, Ducati went away from them for a little while because a single sided swing arm is heavier. They went back to it because people complained.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Beautiful ride Mavi. Only SV I've seen with a single swinger. I like the red rearsets that match the 645 decals too. Was it hard to do the swingarm? I would love to do mine. What bike did it come off of? Would you do another one? .[/Questions] LoL
Yeah the only real advantage is the ease of tire changing. But I would do it just because they are definitely different and look cool as heck. The extra weight added on the left side should be offset some by losing the right side, keeping the weight gain down a bit.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It's off of a VFR750. As for doing another one... just buy one with a SSSA preinstalled :p . Can't help with a 1000 tho. The shock is offset on the wrong side for the VFR SSSA on the sv1000.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts