Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am newby from Australia.
My bike is a 2007 Boulevard M50, when i read your posts you guys talk about Marauder M50. Are they the same bike just different name in The USA.??
Have just fitted chopped tinted Switchblade screen. Looks great.
Bought screen from USA, half the price than in Australia. :???:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
The Marauder is the old name for the M50 here in the states. In 2005 they renamed it the Boulevard M50 and gave it fuel injection, shaft drive and water cooled (may have been water cooled before). Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Check out Suzuki Marauder Intruder (and Boulevard models) Group
This group is primarily the Marauder group but has expanded to include the Boulevard M50.
I think our bike is vastly superior enough to say (as they say in the motorcycle industry) it's a brand new sheet of paper. However the 2010 M50 is not a brand new sheet but rather a new bike as far as the style and plastic goes and for my two cents a real screw up by Suzuki.
However, I do concede that the M50 has never sold the numbers of the C50 or what Suzuki would like to see. I think people made huge mistakes by not picking the M50. I guess I'm just such a nutso fan of the style that my judgement is clouded. Do you blame me?
Let me add that this forum here is the best I have found in 3 years since buying my first M50 the 2007.
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I have to agree with Cooley, this site rocks. It has really gave me some good ideas on how to spend my paycheck! Lots of knowledgable people ready to lend a hand as well.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yeah not to mention ppl like cooley who can custom fab stuff for our bikes. I mean find me another site out there where if you cant find a product someone will custom produce quality work to fit your application.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys
I want a louder exhaust but a little unsure about this debaffle/fibresleeve you all talk
about. What affect to performance, do you plug the oxy sensor,how often do you have
to replace the fibresleeve. After all that if no good i have stuffed my exhaust and have to buy Cobra system etc.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I love my bike debaffled. I was on the fence about it for a few months so another member put a set of stock pipes up for sale and I bought them incase I didn't like the sound. I debaffled my stockers a few months ago and am lovin' it. I don't even think I will be putting in the fibrosleeves. It has no affect on the bikes like mine that don't have an oxygen sensor, just deeper and louder sound. Your bike may be a little different, do a search on oxygen sensor on here and you may find something.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Thanks Puddle Runner
aaaaaaaaahahahaha. that made me laugh pretty good. its ok tho. his name is TNM50. Puddle Runner is his little nickname thing thats based on how many posts you have. like how you are newbie and last i checked in turtle wax tester. :bluethum:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
i just noticed this is my 600th post! maybe i get a new nickname!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
woot!! i'm a handlebar consultant now!! how do i get one of these custom ones?? intimidator or clint or someone...? and maybe a cool threadjacker patch? or am i still a prospect?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You should be over here in Aussie, we have recently had 45 deg celcius
Don't know what that is in F deg, maybe 115 - bloody Hot.!!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
My best friend is heading your way next month for a 6 week stay. His company is paying for the whole trip , hopefully I'll get out that way someday!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the info guys
I want a louder exhaust but a little unsure about this debaffle/fibresleeve you all talk
about. What affect to performance, do you plug the oxy sensor,how often do you have
to replace the fibresleeve. After all that if no good i have stuffed my exhaust and have to buy Cobra system etc.
I have an 09 with the o2 sensor and I too was on the fence about the debaffle. After putting about 800 miles on the bike I did the debaffle and fibrosleeve and was very happy with the results. The bike sounds much better and has the felling of better performance (not sure if it is actual or imagined but then i guess it doesn't really matter). The o2 sensor is not affected as it well ahead of the mickey plate.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Louder exhaust

Thanks for the info guys
I wanted a louder, but sweeter exhaust. I tried Cobras, two different sets then went with the Vance and Hines Cruzers. These have packed removable baffles.
This is very important if you want a mellower sound that doesn't rattle and a repackable baffle for future work.
I really liked mine on the 07 and plan to put them on the 08 soon. MONEY Cometh!

I might try powder coating the chrome heat shields after milling bullet holes in them or slots like some of the Harley product has. I like that look.
Will powder coat flat black on the heat shields only not on the cans.
Just my thoughts.
Ken

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Need some advice.
The stock exhaust in OZ has the Oxy sensor but Vance and Hines pipes don't have the fitting for sensor. Some bike shops here say just tie under bike and no problems.
How would fuel management system know if bike running lean or rich and probably have fault light on.
I don't want to debaffle/fibrosleeve.Prefer new system.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the instructions for disabling the O2 sensor from Dynojet UK, but I don't know how to post them as they are saved as a Word document. The Dynojet website doesn't seem to have them on there anymore. I disabled my O2 when I fitted a Dobeck TFI - highly recommended, even with stock pipes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts