Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Dynojet UK

Thanks for the info MCSC.
I will check out the Dynojet UK website.
You say bike runs OK with sensor disabled.
Do you have fault / error light on panel.?:roll:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have the instructions for disabling the O2 sensor from Dynojet UK, but I don't know how to post them as they are saved as a Word document. The Dynojet website doesn't seem to have them on there anymore. I disabled my O2 when I fitted a Dobeck TFI - highly recommended, even with stock pipes.
Thanks MC, i got your email with the Info.
Maybe you could also post this info for other M50's
may not be much help for US models as i understand
the oxy sensor not fitted. We have the European model
which is slightly different.
Much appreciated you going to the effort.

·
Registered
278 Posts
@ oldsiro07......I debaffled months ago...I was not use of how I would like the sound or not....started by just drilling 1/4 inch holes around the back plate......kept drilling more and more and more...think I got up to 14 or 16 in each pipe.....THEN decided to debaffle....and all the hole I had drilled made it a PAIN in the rear to debaffle...kept getting caught on the pre drilled holes...and almost ripping my shoulder out of joint!!!.....don't start out by drilling.....it's a slippery slope……and you’ll end up fully debaffled anyway :) …..go ahead and debaffle!......you WILL like the sound.....and that is a LOT cheaper way than a set of Vance Hines or Cobras!

Athens

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey new rider here, just curious will I wreck the bike if I practice shifting the gears while the bike is off? Or will it be fine?

thanks!

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
It should work but your time will be largely wasted.......because the feel and action is ENTIRELY different with the engine off.

Most are a lot harder to shift that way and you will probably find at some point that it won't shift at all.
Of course if you put too much force on it some damage can occur.

Overall a BAD idea.

P.S. It would be better to start a new discussion thread instead of adding on to an old one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It should work but your time will be largely wasted.......because the feel and action is ENTIRELY different with the engine off.

Most are a lot harder to shift that way and you will probably find at some point that it won't shift at all.
Of course if you put too much force on it some damage can occur.

Overall a BAD idea.

P.S. It would be better to start a new discussion thread instead of adding on to an old one.
Thanks for the tips, I wasn’t too sure on how to start a new discussion thread but I figured out how to comment! Still learning how to use this page..hopefully I’ll figure it out soon😅 thanks again!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts