Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
M50 fuel pump in a C50?
HI,

Does anyone know if a M50 fuel pump will fit in a C50? I was told it would, but I can't see it fitting correctly

Thanks,
Jimisand

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Easy Rider. I was able to find a few pictures of each and realized that the C50 has a cable that connects to a cable inside the tank, but it looks like the M50 doesn't.

Jimisand

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So why do you want to fit a pump from a different model...I assume its either price or availability.
It's not that I "want" to, it's because I was told it would fit. You see, I am new to motorcycles, so I have no idea about any of this. The salvage place that I bought it from said it would. Aside from it physically not being able to fit (or at least I can't get it to), the M50 pump doesn't have a connector for inside the tank like the C50 does.... as I found out when comparing the two. I'm guessing the connector on the C50 is some sort of fuel gauge?

Thanks,
Jimisand

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Take it back...and ask for one that will fit. I assume your original one doesn't work? If the salvage yard dont have one a dealer is your other option...that or an after market one.
Thank you, Steve.
Yes, I am sending it back. It's just unfortunate that businesses can't be a better help when the customer mentions they are totally new at this. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts