Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That may be - but for someone who might want a Stock set of Special edition seats - a good deal. They retail at the dealer for over $400.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sounds like a pretty small niche to me, but more power to ya!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I do like that special edition look better than my stockers, but I plan on just getting gel inserts and having them recovered for cheaper than that.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I got lucky and found a guy locally who was getting his bike taken back by the bank. I traded him my stock pipes and $20 bucks for his K&N filter and swapped my stock seats with a split in the seam for his practically new looking Special Edition seats. I haven't had a chance to ride much on it yet, but it definitely looks a lot better than stock. I still think I'll invest in a Mustang seat eventually, but for now it was just the upgrade I needed. :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
I had been quoted $90 bucks to repair the 1" split in the seam of my seat. $200 for a new Special Edition set would have been a bargain considering the cost of just repairing the one I have. I definitely don't think the buyer was a sucker. If I hadn't found the deal on mine, then I would have been interested in these too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Scubaboyz can you post a picture of your corbin seat.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Wow...I don't know what you got for them, but I've got a set of those as well...I was just about to throw them in the trash as worthless. Guess I'll hang on to them for a while longer!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Thanks! I might do that!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Wow...I don't know what you got for them, but I've got a set of those as well...I was just about to throw them in the trash as worthless. Guess I'll hang on to them for a while longer!
Craigslist is your friend, man. There are a lot of guys with seats that have tears and spits in the seams that would love to give you a hundred bucks for yours. I'd ask $175 or $200 and let them talk you down. The repair cost of a seat is equal to what you can get a used set for on ebay, so you definitely want to sell those if you aren't going to be needing them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts