Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[/video]

Tried looking for a tach on line but all looked out of place. So i liked the way the tach looked that was on the M109. It took about a week of research to find if the wiring could be shared between the two bikes. After I figured how to mount the wiring was not bad at all. The tach has the blinkers and high beam indicators just below so it's a lot easier to see at the new height. I also installed a gear indicator, got tired looking for 6th...now I know there is no more. But I wish there was.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did this setup about 2 years ago. I found the tach on ebay. The mounts are thin bendable metal shims. After getting the angles and happy with placement just painted black. I will do a break down and show all parts. The hardest part was getting the wiring diagram from the m109. After stopping by four shops one guy copied the pages I needed. You will have to cut your stock speedo cover to let the tach fit. The best part for me was being able to see the blinkers at the new height. The tach works great and if you saw from pics the back light matches the stock color. I will post some pics soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just picked up an m50 and really want to do this mod. Have you got any details in the wiring setup? Did you have to cut off the plugs from the tach and just jumper into the factory harnesses on the m50? Any help or pics you can give would be awesome! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I don't know if this will work, but the 2012 M109's come with the gear indicator in the tach unit. I'd hate to pay the price though for a new one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will do a detailed video and send the wiring info to who needs it. the mod is more easy than you think, the hard part is getting the tach. The gear indicator I installed plugs into the diagnostic port. So maybe it just needs the output from there. As long as it's a Suzuki it could be figured out. I will post soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a tach off of craigslist yesterday, should be to my house today or tomorrow. I have the full service manual for the m50 so the wiring diagram for the m109 should be all I need. Hoping to begin the project this weekend, so any help you can give is awesome! Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just did a slideshow showing some wiring info and bracket design. I have more pics but need help with a way to upload just pics. I will do a reinstall video when it's not 100 deg's out.
[/video]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The video shows up on my phone but does not here, sorry. You can watch on youtube. If anyone needs info send member email and I will send you a file with more pics and wiring info. Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Today I connected the low fuel and neutral lights and did a video on install. You can make all connections from tank display plug. The input for the coil is the coil right behind the key. The top wire blk/yel is the one you want. Just splice into. You can test everything but the tachometer scaling with the tank off. just make connections and turn on key. I have a updated wire diagram I did today. Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
On youtube I posted 7 videos. Search( suzuki m50 tachometer) which shows everything you need to do the install yourself. I know finding the tach will be the hardest part, but with the info I supplied the install will be easy. The tach display updates shows neutral and low fuel added.

·
Registered
104 Posts
that looks awesome

·
Registered
104 Posts
the videos dont seem to show up, though id love to see a full wiring diagram and setup pics on this

1 - 19 of 19 Posts