Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow M50 riders. Its been quite some time since I been on here. Im posting new pictures of my latest add to the bike. Let me know what you think. Im trying to get professional photos took to be put in a magazine.

Well some of you here might recall my bike from what it used to look like. But here's a story of why I now have bags.

Back in 2010 3 days after my birthday in March I had to go under surgery. Ive been having problems with signals from my brain down to my heart. So I had to get a pacemaker. That was a huge blow to me. The bike sat for about 3 months as I recovered and went under a slight depression. After all I was only 22. So I decided to pick myself back up and ride again. But this time I could not wear a backpack like I usually do when I go to school or have items to carry around. So what was the next step? Bags. But not just any old bags.

So I decided to put some bags on. But I like to do things different. I wanted hard bags. I thought about Harley bags since I like the shape but good god they are expensive. So after a long search I came across Mutazu. They had a bag that I really liked. And they were cheap. So I got them. Mounted them. But it just didnt look right. So I stretched them. 4 inches. I sanded the bags all down and made a polycarbonate mold and made my own fiberglass extensions. Did some more body work and smoothed it out. But wait! I remembered I had some LED strip lights that I bought a long time ago for my car that I never used. So I curved those and flush mounted them into the bottom of the bag. Then I put them back on. But something just looked weird still. It was that big gap between the bags and the fender. Since I had to make my own mounting brackets because I have a quick release sissy bar, they stuck out just a tad bit farther. So took them back off and made my own fiberglass filler panels. After some sanding and what not with a little paint, they were done.

Now I can ride and store my stuff. I always get the question now, "Is that a Harley?" Nope gentlemen. I also intergrated all the lights on the back to function as running and taillights and then the bag lights to be my turn signals. Well thats my little story.
Catch you guys again sometime.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Nice job! Good to see a fellow m50 bagger. Now if we can just get coug to finish hs also.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Nice ride. After years of owning my M, I have become more of a fan of "baggers". I am about to fit my M w/ Saddleman Drifters soon, more for every day use but I do like a clean look as well.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Nice job, you just need my spoiler on it man.

·
Registered
539 Posts
How sick does that look!!

Your giving us m50 guys a good name with that bike.Thats a looker!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks guys! Yep I love the look on peoples faces when I tell them it's not a Harley but a Suzuki m50. And Cooley: you have a website or pictures of those?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Great job, the bike looks great! I too have been daydreaming about a "bagger". Have some family members who have Harleys and their bikes look totally different when they take the back luggage rack off and run with just the hardbags. Very mean looking.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Nice job! Good to see a fellow m50 bagger. Now if we can just get coug to finish hs also.
This spring/summer ... paint scheme change to boot!

Nice sled you have there ... really nice! Well done!

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Love to know about those pipes, man. I wanna put the integrated taillight on mine and slim it up in the rear, but I need to get the pipes out of the way. (also looking for bags in the near future) Thanks in advance! ~ ALEX

·
Registered
124 Posts
To be honest, this isn't my style at all. If I may ask, why did you not get the C50 if you were looking for a more sweeping fender? To me it really looks like two entirely different bikes stitched together, on up front, one in the the rear. It doesn't flow.

But again, I say, this is but one opinion.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mfifyguy...tell me about those pipes.
Highway Hawk turndowns. Loud beautiful sounding pipes. They are from a company that I believe is European. And I believe they are not made anymore. Anything else just ask

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To be honest, this isn't my style at all. If I may ask, why did you not get the C50 if you were looking for a more sweeping fender? To me it really looks like two entirely different bikes stitched together, on up front, one in the the rear. It doesn't flow.

But again, I say, this is but one opinion.
Well there is a lot different between the two bikes. I wanted a muscle cruiser. The C50 does not fit the bill. Differences are; The front fender, wheels, forks, light, paintjob, drag look, and longer tank. Much more to change going the other way. More like a simms bike now. And I have made everything on the bike have a curve in it. The pipes, mirrors, tank, fenders, intake, lights and bags all curve to a point to match. But nothing wrong with your opinion. People like different things. Some more custom.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts