Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
I believe that post was just a big can of spam scuba.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey fellow M50 riders. Its been quite some time since I been on here. Im posting new pictures of my latest add to the bike. Let me know what you think. Im trying to get professional photos took to be put in a magazine. Well some of you here might recall my bike from what it used to look like. But here's a story of why I now have bags.Back in 2010 3 days after my birthday in March I had to go under surgery. Ive been having problems with signals from my brain down to my heart. So I had to get a pacemaker. That was a huge blow to me. The bike sat for about 3 months as I recovered and went under a slight depression. After all I was only 22. So I decided to pick myself back up and ride again. But this time I could not wear a backpack like I usually do when I go to school or have items to carry around. So what was the next step? Bags. But not just any old bags.So I decided to put some bags on. But I like to do things different. I wanted hard bags. I thought about Harley bags since I like the shape but good god they are expensive. So after a long search I came across Mutazu. They had a bag that I really liked. And they were cheap. So I got them. Mounted them. But it just didnt look right. So I stretched them. 4 inches. I sanded the bags all down and made a polycarbonate mold and made my own fiberglass extensions. Did some more body work and smoothed it out. But wait! I remembered I had some LED strip lights that I bought a long time ago for my car that I never used. So I curved those and flush mounted them into the bottom of the bag. Then I put them back on. But something just looked weird still. It was that big gap between the bags and the fender. Since I had to make my own mounting brackets because I have a quick release sissy bar, they stuck out just a tad bit farther. So took them back off and made my own fiberglass filler panels. After some sanding and what not with a little paint, they were done.Now I can ride and store my stuff. I always get the question now, "Is that a Harley?" Nope gentlemen. I also intergrated all the lights on the back to function as running and taillights and then the bag lights to be my turn signals. Well thats my little story.Catch you guys again sometime.

·
Registered
247 Posts
time to be " that guy' but

if you want a bagger and a sloped rear fender, why not get a c50, i mean besides some engine tweaks, whats the major difference between the m and the c? the rear & front fenders.

i have a m, my mom owns a valusia, so i know both bikes real well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
821 Posts
M's look better as baggers than c's. Sleeker up front, better shaped tank and the black mag wheels to name a few plus less chrome. As far as the fender goes Id have to agree about the huggers they're not my cup of tea. They don't look bad to me just not as good as the stock one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
M, great looking bike. Love how the M50 can take on so many different looks. Love the hypercharger and pipes, looking to get the same look but in black.

·
Registered
247 Posts
M, great looking bike. Love how the M50 can take on so many different looks. Love the hypercharger and pipes, looking to get the same look but in black.
dont be like everyone else, do it in a color that stands out! black bikes just run with the crowd.

VII got it right.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
While I'll be the first to congratulate you on the work involved, and how well it turned out, it looks very odd to me proportionally. Almost like there's too much bike on the back half, or not enough on the front half.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey fellow M50 riders. Its been quite some time since I been on here. Im posting new pictures of my latest add to the bike. Let me know what you think. Im trying to get professional photos took to be put in a magazine.

Well some of you here might recall my bike from what it used to look like. But here's a story of why I now have bags.

Back in 2010 3 days after my birthday in March I had to go under surgery. Ive been having problems with signals from my brain down to my heart. So I had to get a pacemaker. That was a huge blow to me. The bike sat for about 3 months as I recovered and went under a slight depression. After all I was only 22. So I decided to pick myself back up and ride again. But this time I could not wear a backpack like I usually do when I go to school or have items to carry around. So what was the next step? Bags. But not just any old bags.

So I decided to put some bags on. But I like to do things different. I wanted hard bags. I thought about Harley bags since I like the shape but good god they are expensive. So after a long search I came across Mutazu. They had a bag that I really liked. And they were cheap. So I got them. Mounted them. But it just didnt look right. So I stretched them. 4 inches. I sanded the bags all down and made a polycarbonate mold and made my own fiberglass extensions. Did some more body work and smoothed it out. But wait! I remembered I had some LED strip lights that I bought a long time ago for my car that I never used. So I curved those and flush mounted them into the bottom of the bag. Then I put them back on. But something just looked weird still. It was that big gap between the bags and the fender. Since I had to make my own mounting brackets because I have a quick release sissy bar, they stuck out just a tad bit farther. So took them back off and made my own fiberglass filler panels. After some sanding and what not with a little paint, they were done.

Now I can ride and store my stuff. I always get the question now, "Is that a Harley?" Nope gentlemen. I also intergrated all the lights on the back to function as running and taillights and then the bag lights to be my turn signals. Well thats my little story.
Catch you guys again sometime.

Can you please give me some direction on how and where to find bags for my bike. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,086 Posts
Can you please give me some direction on how and where to find bags for my bike. Thanks
You likely would get much better answers if you tell us the make, model and year of your bike.
Are you wanting hard or soft bags ?

A good place to start would be to visit a bike dealer or two in your area to look over what they have in stock and look at what is on the used bikes that they have.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts