• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am trying to make a module that can make any helmets safer and smarter.

It is still in design phase and I would love to know more about what you all think about the product and your feedback for the same.

Features of the product include-

• Crash detection with intelligent SoS alerts to friends and family in event of crash wearing the device on helmet.
  • Navigation alerts on the device screen for turn by turn navigation.
  • Weather and wind alerts of the place you are driving.
  • Audio/Music through Bluetooth paired phone.
  • Calls and other voice activated features.
  • Camera for recording.(optional)
  • Camera for viewing behind on screen without turning back.(optional)

Do let me know what do you think about the idea and product also how much are should i price it.

Also i have attached a CAD rendering of the concept for better visualization.

helmetmount.png Screenview.png

Have a great day ahead.

Cheers

·
Still crazy after all these years
14,182 Posts
While I do enjoy listening to music when I take a longer ride, the last thing I want is to try and steer my bike while on the phone.

Crash detection and automatic notification - as a fireman, my SCBA equipment has a "deadman switch" that signals an alarm when it thinks that I'm down. In reality, it's a pain in the butt, since you need to be moving constantly to avoid it giving a false alarm. When you've put out a fire, you normally sit tight for a few minutes to make sure that it isn't going to flare up again - the damn alarm forces you to move around and use up more air. They simply are not intelligent enough.
With a car, it's easy to detect if there has been an accident - the airbags have deployed, there has been an unusually hard deceleration, etc. It will be hard to build those kinds of sensors into a helmet to detect an accident versus the user dropping it.

Camera for viewing behind me - I've got a great invention for that - it's called "a mirror". I've got two of them - one on each end of the handlebar. I don't need cameras and screens adding weight to the helmet and needing power to replace something that works without any power and is mounted on the bike...

The other stuff - weather/storm warnings, navigation, etc. could be fed through bluetooth earphones from a mobile phone. There's no need to add more bells and whistles to a helmet.

Benefits - it might convince some people to wear a helmet, even when they are not required by law.
Detractors - additional weight, the need to keep it charged up (or wired to the bike), cost, and risk of having it stolen when the bike is parked. As it is now, I can lock my helmet to my bike and don't have to worry too much - the helmet doesn't contain anything worth stealing.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
A lot of unnecessary technology but then again I'm old school. I have a speedometer/odometer and a compass on my bike and do fine whether it's a 100 mile ride or a 1000 mile ride.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All,

I am trying to make a module that can make any helmets safer and smarter.

It is still in design phase and I would love to know more about what you all think about the product and your feedback for the same.

Features of the product include-

• Crash detection with intelligent SoS alerts to friends and family in event of crash wearing the device on helmet.
  • Navigation alerts on the device screen for turn by turn navigation.
  • Weather and wind alerts of the place you are driving.
  • Audio/Music through Bluetooth paired phone.
  • Calls and other voice activated features.
  • Camera for recording.(optional)
  • Camera for viewing behind on screen without turning back.(optional)

Do let me know what do you think about the idea and product also how much are should i price it.

Also i have attached a CAD rendering of the concept for better visualization.

View attachment 31104 View attachment 31105

Have a great day ahead.

Cheers

Any updates on this? I was glued on to Skully's Advanced helmet but it turned out to be an epic fail and they weren't able to keep their promise which did disappoint everyone eagerly waiting for it. So, What is the status of your module?

·
Super Moderator
12,237 Posts
Don't think you will get an answer.
The original poster hasn't been on here for a bit over a year.

I usually don't even let things like this stay because it is just a slightly different form of spam.

I must have had a weak moment the day it was posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts