Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i want to make a custom seat for my bike. the way i want it it will put my knees above my belt. is this bad? I was also wondering if i could use carpet underlayment for the foam. It us very high density, i can also get scraps free. the foams i have found were not dense enough and were too soft. I do have a gel pad i will incorporate into the base.

·
Super Moderator
12,532 Posts
ok, so i want to make a custom seat for my bike. the way i want it it will put my knees above my belt. is this bad?
Maybe. Probably.
But the position and angle of your back is more important than your legs.

But it probably will look "cool".
How much pain are you willing to endure for that cool ??? :shock:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
well the seat on it is a pain in the but. after about 2 hours it gets real uncomfortable. i am not sure if its stock or mustang. im tall and the seat kinda scruntches me up. its no doubt that it will look cool. but im going for comfort.
Maybe. Probably.
But the position and angle of your back is more important than your legs.

But it probably will look "cool".
How much pain are you willing to endure for that cool ??? :shock:

·
Registered
165 Posts
This site may give you some ideas about seat to bar and knee angles.

cycle-ergo.com

Looking "cool" in the city is "cool", but long distance riding is all about comfort.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks. i realize now how big i look on the bike. lol.
This site may give you some ideas about seat to bar and knee angles.

cycle-ergo.com

Looking "cool" in the city is "cool", but long distance riding is all about comfort.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I Had the same problem & had put some memory foam work done by a motorcycle seat shop & now its like riding on air perfect fit it was done on my gz250 2000

1 - 6 of 6 Posts