Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I just liked to introduce myself and my little bike and what we are doing right now...

On June 29 I sat on my little semi-auto motorbike ( I dunno is it really big enough to be called a motorbike??) started the engine and kept on driving! I have now ended up in India, a couple of thousand miles away from where I started in Malaysia and have no plans of stopping until I get back to the UK just in time for my final year in University! I am trying to prove that you dont need a big adventure tourer with a couple of thousand cc engine and truckload of money to do this thing! If you are a student like me with say less than 1500 USD, you should be able to do just fine! It makes perfect sense to do it on a small 110 cc bike on this part of the world, as parts are available everywhere around here and they are easy to repair, easy on fuel and cheap to buy plus the carnet cost will be less! So follow me on my crazy adventures on this ultimate roadtrip on GoingNotts - Malaysia to the UK on 110 cc and please like my fb group on www.facebook.com/goingnotts

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
you don't need a bigger bike, but my concours offers

a nice big fuel tank - you get on a road and cruise and your limitations as a driver become the concern, not running out of gas
lockable luggage - hard lockable luggage, things won't get squished or wet
a fairing that covers you when it rains as long as your are moving
a lower, quieter rumble, vs the high pitched open throttle whine; the smallest bike I would take a long trip on these days would be a 350 like I owned back in the day at about 50 mph, anything over that and it became a really scary kind of about to explode engine variety.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts