Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boyfriend is rebuilding his 2000 maurauder and seems to be having issues. When the key is turned over, lights come on. But when he tries to use the starter there is nothing. No sound, nothing engaging, nothing. Help!

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
There are "safetys" that comprise a starter interlock.
There is a micro-switch on the clutch lever and the Neutral position in the transmission.
On some Suzuki models, you had to have BOTH for the initial start; on most you need one or the other.

Then there is the kill switch, which must be in the RUN position.
And it is possible that the actual start button is bad or not connected right.

Given all of the bare wires exposed and twisted together, I'm not sure it is ready to start yet.

With the scope of this project, he REALLY needs a muti-meter to trace wires and check voltages.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My boyfriend is rebuilding his 2000 maurauder and seems to be having issues. When the key is turned over, lights come on. But when he tries to use the starter there is nothing. No sound, nothing engaging, nothing. Help!
My first rebuild is a 2001 Marauder. I spent several hours trying to figure out the no start. After finding a wiring diagram, I found the safety switch for the clutch handle. Pulled the clutch handle in and the starter went to work. Later, I found the safety switch on the kickstand which kills the bike if the kickstand is down and you try to put the bike in gear. Still learning, but I felt ridiculous when I found out I just needed to pull the clutch handle in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts