Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously looking into trading in the M50 for an SV 1000s.

any pointers that I should look for. comments, concerns, anything?
Oh ya it is a 2003 with an aftermarket exhaust, just under 4000 miles. It has been wrecked, but the dealership did all the repairs.
More details later...

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
That's what I call trading up. ;-)

·
Dastardly villain
1,700 Posts
Well whatver SV you get, you will not be disappointed. Fuel injection started in 03 I believe, so I'd shoot for 03 or newer. Take the bike to a mechanic and have them check it out before commiting to buying it.

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
Yes FI started in '03.

It's a great bike, looks good lots of power, especially for the 1000, handles great!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I test drove it yesterday after work. WOW! what a fun ride! Yes I was kinda leary about a wrecked bike, but a figured a wrecked bike at the dealer is better than a private sale. That is one thing that has definetly made me cautious about the trade. Also the asking price may be a bit high for a wrecked bike too, so there will have to be some negotiations or no deal. I may try to work out some kind of warranty in the deal since it has been wrecked. I really like the bike, but I am wondering how often a deal this easy will come about.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well after further review I have decided to not jump on this one. I looked around out there, and though they are much less frequently found for sale, I can definetly get a better deal if I am patient, and not wrecked! I do want to upgrade to either an SV1000s or maybe a Buell Lightning. I really enjoy the feel of the bike, so I will get one eventually, but I think i should let this one pass.

Thanks for all of your comments.

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
Look on the bright side: You still get to shop for a new bike! It's been five years since I got to do that.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will be slowly shopping around. When the right deal comes along I'll hook it. I love my M50, but I am looking for more, and that short little test ride got me hooked! Thanks for all the help guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts