Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at buying a 2001 Honda CBR 600 F4I and the guy wants $4000.00 for it. Is this a good price?? The only thing aftermarket is Exhaust, and frame sliders. Please let me know what you think. Thanns:bluethum:

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
The price doesn't seem bad, hard to tell without looking at it.

If this is your first bike, you might want to start out on something smaller. The F4I isn't as fast as one of the true Race Replica's, but it's still capable of getting you into trouble real quick.

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
Look over the bike very closely. Any signs of abuse will clue you in that perhaps the bike was trompsed on a bit in it's day. A ding in the tank is a dead giveaway it's been dumped. Or missing pieces of fiberglass or pieces of different colors.

Lastly, if you aren't really familiar with riding ask around and get someone who is to test drive the bike. When driving check to see if the transmission shifts smoothly and the bike handles fluidly and tracks absolutely straight.

Remember, any little thing you spot is most likely part of a much bigger issue.

Not trying to scare you off, but you are buying a performance bike and people tend to pound'em.

good luck.

·
Happy-ass Lunatic
11,409 Posts
Hondas usually have fairly high resale values. Some folks aren't willing to let a person test ride a bike, due to the high number of joyriders/bikejackers taht are out there.

How many miles are on it? Does it sound like a bucket of nails when it's running? Has it been dropped/wrecked? Personally (depending onthe mileage, of course) I think that price sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
That's why I leave my license with the owner. They tend to figure you won't run off with the bike then.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Everyone!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts