Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 cb300f that I bought new. I have a problem, the headlight lens is melting. I have never changed the bulb it is the stock one that came with the bike. Anyone else ever have this problem? Does anyone know if I can just buy a replacemet lens or do I need to replace the entire assembly. Thanks for any help

· Super Moderator
14,063 Posts
I have a 2018 cb300f that I bought new. I have a problem, the headlight lens is melting.
I suggest that you contact the dealer where you bought it.
They may be able to do something for you even though it is technically out of warranty.

Are you in the habit of running with the high-beam on all the time ??

And how BAD is it melting ? Just a tiny bit so that you have to look REAL closely to notice it.......or bad enough so that it looks like a hole is about to develop ??

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suggest that you contact the dealer where you bought it.
They may be able to do something for you even though it is technically out of warranty.

Are you in the habit of running with the high-beam on all the time ??

And how BAD is it melting ? Just a tiny bit so that you have to look REAL closely to notice it.......or bad enough so that it looks like a hole is about to develop ??
I really don't ride with the high beams on much, the area is about the size of a fifty cent piece in the center of the lens. It does look like it will melt through. I think your suggestion of contacting the dealer is best. Ive looked online and it looks like youd have to replace the entire headlight assembly and not just the lens. I contacted Honda direct and they don't deal with the end customer I was told , I though maybe others might have had the same issue with their cb300 's . and could tell me how they resolved the problem. Thanks for your help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts