Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched through the board and saw an older post about this windshield but no follow-up messages or reviews.

Memphis Shades Drop Top Fats.

https://www.motorcycleid.com/2006-ya...129566542.html

I need a lower windshield that was is currently mounted. There are a few options but I spotted the Fats Drop Top and thought it was interesting. Memphis.jpg

It is an unusual configuration and I was wondering if anybody has tried one or has one installed. There don't seem to be reviews online other than a YouTube video which was essentially a first ride. The concept seems sound and the ability to 'tune' it appears to take less effort than adjusting angles on other models. I'm not sure about the look but it would probably grow on me if the shield works as described.

If you have one or have tried one I would be interested in hearing your thoughts. Or anybody else's thoughts on the windshield, for that matter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The windshield that came with my bike is about 5 inches too tall. I'm not a fan of looking 'through' the windshield. I still want something there, but something I can look over. Thus, the search for something else.

·
Super Moderator
12,163 Posts
Any chance that the mounts can be moved lower ?

If you get desperate, the top of the shield could be cut down........or the bottom if the actual shield mounts as a separate piece.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any chance that the mounts can be moved lower ?

If you get desperate, the top of the shield could be cut down........or the bottom if the actual shield mounts as a separate piece.
I believe the mounts are static. There is a company in Houston that will cut it for $80. I've seen some 'how to' videos but I'm not sure I have the tools. I will figure something out. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts