Motorcycle Forum banner

Mother Trucker

6K views 58 replies 22 participants last post by  mikesvsix50 
#1 ·
Well guys
Thanks for all your feedback. But I write to you tonight in pain...emotionally mostly. Today after I waxed my bike w/ Zymol (great wax), I decided to jump on the freeway for a little cruise before work...Well, I dumped it on the entrance ramp doing about fifty. I couldn't believe it, I am really really really really, really disappointed, angry, irate, sad, and lucky. I was going though the curves, the back tires started losing traction...still glossy cause they're brand new, and it was either stay in the turn and hope I catch some grip, or straighten out and try slowing down. I chose the latter. Well, I couldn't stop in time, as soon as I sat up I was in the ditch on my side heading right for the drainage post...my shoulder and head absorbed most of the impact. Thanks to all the motorists that just kept driving, I had to push the bike up from my tangled body, and stand it up. She fired right back up. Every possible plastic piece is cracked on the kickstand side. My shin busted my shifter knob off, and my handle bars are a little tourqed. But, I rode it home, got cleaned up, and dropped it off at the shop before work...I didn't feen ounce of pain until 2 or 3 hours after the crash. I'm embarrassed. I can't wait till I get 'er back. Sorry guys, I let you down.

#3 ·
Oh No! Sure glad you didn't get seriously hurt, physically anyhow. It's hard to deal with it when you go down, but remember we've all been there. For those that haven't, well you already know what they say about that.

It's only plastic and aluminum, so it can be fixed. Sorry it had to happen. You mentioned shinny new tires? Well a little late, but they scare the hell out of me too!

When the gixxer gets new tires, I don't like to lean her at all, mainly because all the torque and horsepower will break loose a new back tire. So I head cautiously for a straight freeway. Around here there are plenty. I give it about 5 miles to heat the tire, then start slowly countersteering left and right. Then find some mellow twisties to increase the lean angle. I run through it like 3 times in the first 100 miles to heat cycle the tire and slowly scrub in the tires. After that, it's play time!

You're gonna be one sore pup in the morning I think. Take it easy, it'll get better! :bluethum:

#4 ·
Oh man, sorry to hear about it. Glad you're ok though :bluethum:. I think Dale is right, you gonna a-hurt-in tomorrow. Break out the heating pad and Tylenol now so it'll be within each reach in the morning.

#7 ·
Sorry to hear that.....it really hurts to crash something that new. You sure it was the tire though? Your other post said you were at the 500 mile marker on the bike already.......my guess is it wasn't new tire but maybe the temperature of the tire? I learned progressively that taking relatively sharp corners (even if you have been riding the bike for 20 minutes in a straight line) with cold, or even luke warm tires is very risky. I have started scrubbing on the exit of my street to warm them up a little before I take off for wherever I'm goin.

Either way thats sad news and I hope to hear she's back to normal as soon as possible.

#8 ·
Well, you've now learned the lesson that we try so hard to teach new riders in writing. This motorcycling thing isn't as easy as it first seems. Now I feel bad for jabbing you in the wheelie thread.

A little.

#10 ·
Man...I feel so bad for you dude.
You're REALLY gonna hurt in the morning and then REALLY hurt as the days progress. Make sure you get your wrists checked.
That sucks man...Chicago weather is supposed to be getting better soon.
On top of all that I just ordered some new Maxis Supermaxx M6029 front tires for my bike and this has me scirred.
Get well soon, man...and remember; Any accident you can walk away from....

#11 ·
Sound like you found some fresh untouched rubber outside your used baby chicken strip area. Just cause you pass 100 or 200 miles still doesn't mean you can just throw the bike into deep curvers and it'll hold. You've got to scrub those edges off too.

But **** happens, your alive and walking and the bike is getting fixed. Get back on it when you get it back and learn from your mistake.

:)

#18 ·
Yeah but where are the pics of the wreckage!!!! Let's see those messed up plastics and signal light dangling by the wires!!!!! And the snapped off clutch lever and gear shifter!!!!!

WHERE ARE THE PICS!!!!!!! :)

#20 ·
mikesvsix50 said:
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Oh come on buckaroo chin up!!!! We've all been there before some just soon then later. I layed my ***** down once and I did it in the street, no soft grass for me to land on. I just kinda bounced and skipped on the pavement till ending up my bum. Quite and experience it was but I even begin to think how many times I eaten it on my inline skates trying jumps and ****. How many time when I was a kid I nearly castred myself on the goose neck or cross bar of my many bikes and big wheels. **** if we didn't fall down there wouldn't be a need for Urgent Care facilities or Medical Rescue choopers and ER trama staff.

So put on a happy face, you had your first crash!! Smile when you tell others of your brush with death. How your started into it's eyes and laughed boldly with contempt!!! For those are the stuff of furture memories, the stories passed down upon the ages from generation to generation. And yeah one day on this board on another board you'll see another new person boosting of of their skills and confidence obtained all with in the first 100 miles and you'll know that it's now your time. Your time to pass on your tale of woe, how you must pray to the 2 wheel gods before everyride for if you displease them they will send death to look for you all to quickly.

Mikesvsix50 your new mission is clear and that is to share.....learn.........grow!!!!

#23 ·
Nexus242 said:
Oh come on buckaroo chin up!!!! We've all been there before some just soon then later. I layed my ***** down once and I did it in the street, no soft grass for me to land on. I just kinda bounced and skipped on the pavement till ending up my bum. Quite and experience it was but I even begin to think how many times I eaten it on my inline skates trying jumps and ****. How many time when I was a kid I nearly castred myself on the goose neck or cross bar of my many bikes and big wheels. **** if we didn't fall down there wouldn't be a need for Urgent Care facilities or Medical Rescue choopers and ER trama staff.

So put on a happy face, you had your first crash!! Smile when you tell others of your brush with death. How your started into it's eyes and laughed boldly with contempt!!! For those are the stuff of furture memories, the stories passed down upon the ages from generation to generation. And yeah one day on this board on another board you'll see another new person boosting of of their skills and confidence obtained all with in the first 100 miles and you'll know that it's now your time. Your time to pass on your tale of woe, how you must pray to the 2 wheel gods before everyride for if you displease them they will send death to look for you all to quickly.

Mikesvsix50 your new mission is clear and that is to share.....learn.........grow!!!!

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLRIGHTY THEN. I'll do my best

#24 ·
mikesvsix50 said:
I'm gonna get some sleep, gotta' be at work tomorrow at 0700 and then take another Police test after that...perfect timing. Alrighty, see ya.
Eh, you're a motorcycle police officer ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.