Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
A year later and still not much in the way of new Guzzi riders....
Well, here are a couple of updated pics with the hard bags (one after washing, one at work *shrug*).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Let's see, my impression a year after you asked, anrfknm...

The riding style is more on the bike than in the bike. Something you adapt to fairly quickly.
I am a shorter rider at 5', 5", 30-inch inseam. The seat sits at about 31 inches, so I'm always tip-toe to the ball of my feet when stopped - I can flat foot one side with the other foot on a floorboard.

It provides 3 performance modes - I typically keep it in "cruising" performance for a balance of torque. In high performance this thing is a demon pulling on a frayed leash. One twist of the wrist and you're doing 60mph from a stop to just past the intersection!

A couple of cons (if you can call them that):
Maintenance wrench icon appears and cannot be removed except by a dealer type shop. If your OCD is minimal, like mine, you can ignore it until you're ready to have your bike serviced.
I change my own oil. For that you DO need a specialized filter cup for removal. Oil is specified as racing oil, so it will be on the pricier side (approx $14 per quart/liter).

Aesthetics and looks: I will get someone asking me what kind of bike I'm riding about 2 to 3 times a week when commuting to/from work. About the same number of times every other day cruise.

ABS standard; traction control (you can turn off, too); all LED lights, except the forward facing turn signals.
About 160-175 miles per tank of gas, depending on how hard you ride.

Reversing, walking the bike can be a little awkward if you're short like me due to a higher center of gravity and the weight (760+ wet). But like anything, you grow used to the characteristics of the bike.

I'd love to later get a smaller Guzzi as well. Until then, I am one to easily say, if you can get one, do it: you will not regret the experience of riding one.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts