Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
Can someone inform me if it's ok an Oil API SL in a suzuki VS1400 of 1995 that get API SE/SF in the specs?

The oil is an ENI I-Ride 10w40. (API SL - JASO MA, MA2)
normalli i have always put in a Motul 5100 10w40 (API SM / SL / SJ / SH / SG - JASO MA2)

Thank you.

Juan71

·
Registered
230 Posts
any oil as long as it's not energy conserving. they add friction modifiers which will cause the clutch to slip.i had four quarts of pennzoil from when i had my chevy. so far so good. capisce,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any oil as long as it's not energy conserving. they add friction modifiers which will cause the clutch to slip.i had four quarts of pennzoil from when i had my chevy. so far so good. capisce,
Thank's for reply so quickly Nickbehavin, so you say that it's a bad oil for my bike?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello,
Can someone inform me if it's ok an Oil API SL in a suzuki VS1400 of 1995 that get API SE/SF in the specs?

The oil is an ENI I-Ride 10w40. (API SL - JASO MA, MA2)
normalli i have always put in a Motul 5100 10w40 (API SM / SL / SJ / SH / SG - JASO MA2)

Thank you.

Juan71
THE JASO MA, MA2 specs seem to say that the oil it's ok for motorcycles wet clutchs!
Someone can confirm it?
Regards

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
As long as the oil doesnt have any fricition modifiers in it then you are fine using that oil It is also a good idea, but not absolutly necessary, to use the same viscosity as the manufacturers recommendation. If you find it is a bit more difficult to change gears you can always do another oil change at an earlier time than recommended.

·
Registered
70 Posts
the best oil to use is Suzuki ECSTAR R5000 10W40. if you find it I used other brands of oil & it damaged the camshaft Now my cam looks brand new & the oil stays cleaner. just one thing you, can say what you want, but its done every 200 miles, oil & filter. in short cheep insurance. 178k gz250 19 yr old

·
Registered
19 Posts
I believe what he said was, if your motor oil is shared with your clutch and transmission, don't use energy conserving motor oil. Also, to save you time, know everyone has an opinion on motor oil. Buy the highest spec you can afford and change it as often as your manual says to.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i guess what i should of said was i didn't look at the oil he was asking about. you don't want to use energy conserving oil. then i also thought he was trying to start a conversation about different oil and i don't have an opinion about brands i just use dino oil and change it at 2500 miles

·
Registered
70 Posts
YA as E.R. said it may be stupid but at least mine is fire engine ready. My post on this is for people who care for the bike mine bike got posted in a motorcycle mag. U R A real A-- e.r.

·
Super Moderator
12,534 Posts
U R A real A-- e.r.
Careful there. You can disagree with me all you want but can the insults.

I just call them like I see them.

YA as E.R. said it may be stupid
And then you admit that you are overboard with your "maintenance".

Doing things when there is NO ADVANTAGE to doing it can actually be worse.
Every time you take a wrench to the bike there is a chance to screw something up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts