Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of some good motorcycle movies or documentries?

I just watch a series called "the long way around" and loved it.

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Now here is one from way back that will probably only be recognized by older Australians. I am referring to that great biker movie " Stone ". It would have been released I believe in 1974. It is about a biker gang ( Grave Diggers ) that witnesses a political assination and afterwards they are being killed off one by one. So the cops put an undercover cop whose name is Stone in the gang. They actually used a couple of real biker gangs in the movie. The two gangs had to have a fight in one scene and in real life they actually didn't like each other. The movie had some great scenes where they mounted a camera on the bike and had it riding around Sydney heads. I have a copy of it and watching it recently, the acting and action was so dated. But it is a Australian cult classic.
Stone (1974)
The preceeding site will give you a little insight to the movie.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Anyone know of some good motorcycle movies or documentries?

I just watch a series called "the long way around" and loved it.
That is just awesome, I love it too. Bought the Long Way Down, but can't say the same :sad:
Too little footage of what is it all about, the riding. Worth giving a try, but for me, it's not the kind of documentary I'm gonna watch several times.

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
as a sidebar to the list, "top gun" where Tom Cruise's character drives a crotch rocket.

Didn't notice what it was; wasn't watching that close.

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that post.

Although, knowing the vertical challenged situation of Mr. Cruise, the 500 cc bike idea isn't so far fetched.

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
It's a movie; they almost never wear helmets.

Except dragnet- Tom Hanks character wears a helmet. Don't ask me how I remember that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts