Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sold my 2008 M50. Decided that I had gotten too old to be riding. No sooner have the guy ridden off, when I realized that I was gonna miss riding and I had to get a replacement real quick. I've decided on Scout. THe only thing holding me back is a supply problem. There are no bikes, new or used except for a few Bobber 60's in the NY-NJ area .Found a 3000 mile, 2019 red and black 100 hp bike with all the bells and whistles, ABS, floor boards, radio, crash bars, different seat and aftermarket exhaust. It had just come in and the asking price was gonna be $11,999.00. Called today with my credit info and was informed that it was sold. Just my luck. Gonna get a Scout, might have to order one but I'm gonna get a Scout before the riding season starts. Being that I'm coming from a 52 hp M50, will I be satisfied with a Scout 60 or should I go for the 100 hp bike ??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just sold my 2008 M50. Decided that I had gotten too old to be riding. No sooner have the guy ridden off, when I realized that I was gonna miss riding and I had to get a replacement real quick. I've decided on Scout. THe only thing holding me back is a supply problem. There are no bikes, new or used except for a few Bobber 60's in the NY-NJ area .Found a 3000 mile, 2019 red and black 100 hp bike with all the bells and whistles, ABS, floor boards, radio, crash bars, different seat and aftermarket exhaust. It had just come in and the asking price was gonna be $11,999.00. Called today with my credit info and was informed that it was sold. Just my luck. Gonna get a Scout, might have to order one but I'm gonna get a Scout before the riding season starts. Being that I'm coming from a 52 hp M50, will I be satisfied with a Scout 60 or should I go for the 100 hp bike ??
I feel ya. Don't wait too long. I sold my bike when I went overseas. Told myself I would get another the second I got back.
Just now getting around to it. (I got back stateside in 1991)

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel ya. Don't wait too long. I sold my bike when I went overseas. Told myself I would get another the second I got back.
Just now getting around to it. (I got back stateside in 1991)

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk
I'm ready to go, money in hand. The problem, there's nothing to buy. The dealer I serviced my Suzuki with carries Suzuki, Honda and Yamaha. 90% of what they have now are used Harleys. There must have been at least 12 Sportsters.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm ready to go, money in hand. The problem, there's nothing to buy. The dealer I serviced my Suzuki with carries Suzuki, Honda and Yamaha. 90% of what they have now are used Harleys. There must have been at least 12 Sportsters.

·
Super Moderator
13,409 Posts
I'm ready to go, money in hand. The problem, there's nothing to buy.
You need to expand your search. Isn't there a dealer close by who handles Kawasaki ?
And IF those used Sporty's are in good condition AND are still stock, that is no LOUD mufflers, etc.
then there is nothing wrong with them. Well except maybe for the cost of service if you to to a Harley dealer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You need to expand your search. Isn't there a dealer close by who handles Kawasaki ?
And IF those used Sporty's are in good condition AND are still stock, that is no LOUD mufflers, etc.
then there is nothing wrong with them. Well except maybe for the cost of service if you to to a Harley dealer.
I've ridden both a 1200 and 883. There's no way I'd own one. The ride on both are in my opinion horrible. One of my riding buddies could never get his dialed in . They also have a few FXST Softail standards but these also suffer from horrible rear suspensions.

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
My advice is wait...its a PITA but you will regret not waiting for the right bike more than being able to riding straight away gives you...imo

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My advice is wait...its a PITA but you will regret not waiting for the right bike more than being able to riding straight away gives you...imo
Saw a nice 2021 Bobber for $10,900.00 at a NJ dealer. I'm on Long Island so I sent my buddy of 30 years in to check the bike out and if it was acceptable, leave $2500.00 . I considered the price to be fair so all that was needed was a short spin to make sure there were no immediate mechanical issues . The request was met with a "we don't offer tests". No explanation just a "no, we don't offer tests." Even on an $11,000.00 sale, my buddy asked. The guy just shrugged and said,"what can I say". This shortage of bikes is causing some dealers to lose their minds.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Some dealers operate in that stupid fashion ALL of the time.
I don't see how they EVER sell a bike.
Certainly not to me.
When we were looking for my wife's first bike several years ago, we wanted to try a Honda Rebel. We went to the dealership and were told that they didn't allow test rides. We walked out. She ended up with a used HD Street 750 I found on Cycle Trader. She now has a 2018 Heritage Classic.

I love my Indian by the way. I have a 2017 Springfield. I moved to that from a 2006 M50.

Reactions: Stan714

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
The sad fact is they dont care...they would rather let a sale walk than stop being stupid buggers. I will never buy without a test ride...even private sales.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts