Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Kawa Vulcan 900 Classic LT and have been looking at getting a Mustang seat. If any of you have one already on this model bike, I would like to know if the new Mustang seat affected the dynamics of the bike because of its size and height--things like center of gravity, forward/backward positioning, access to the controls, and so forth. (I am 6-feet tall and weigh about 200 lbs.)

Thank you.

gildco

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mustang seat big improvement.

I put the Mustang seat on my 900 LT. Don't forget, you have to use the bracket from the OEM seat. I am 6'3" and 225. I found that it took a 100+ miles before it broke in, and I realized how much I liked it.

Now put a front pulley from Scootworks on the bike and you'll really be happy!

Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put a Mustang seat on my s83 suzuki and can say it is fantastic. I took a 1400 mile trip with it when it was brand new and never had an uncomfortable moment. I don't know about your bike but it had absolutely NO effect on the dynamics of mine. Best addition to my scoot yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Mustang with the backrest. Best thing I ever did.

Raises you a little, and forward a little. Getting some bar risers next, as with one more inch, it will be like riding in a LazyBoy !

It was like the revelation I got when I realized ski boots didn't need to hurt....

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
Been looking at some options for seat pads, which one did you go for?
AirHawk. Hands down.

AND....when discussing after-market seats, be sure you are both talking about the same MODEL of seat.
Mustang makes more than one for some bikes and the satisfaction from one style to another can vary widely.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a mustang seat on my Yamaha Vstar and it was a great improvement over the OEM - easily ride all day and not be in pain that night. The one thing I wish I had done was get the version that allows a backrest to be added. I had a backpack strapped on the passenger seat and it acted like a backrest and wow - what an additional improvement in comfort.

·
Registered
247 Posts
air Hawks help, but not a great long term solution. been there done that. I sucked it up and bought a Mustang seat and haven't regretted it. almost a 1000 miles on it and I haven't complained once about a sore butt. I'm 6' 250 +. After like 9k or so on the stock seat + air Hawk it was a good idea

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts