Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm trying to get your opinion on an aftermarket seat for my '09 M50. I have found the Mustang Wide Touring and the Saddlemen Explorer. They both claim to be comfortable for the rider and passenger. My wife and I are thinking of taking some quick weekend trips and I think I should upgrade the seat to cut down on the number of butt breaks(mainly for the passenger). I've come across some info on the Saddlemen on the forum, but there is probably someone out there with a Mustang. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too would also like some input i am looking at finding a new seat. I am a solo rider and have removed the stock passenger seat. I am only looking to replace the driver seat.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
My Saddlemen Explorer is a one piece with a removable adjustable backrest. The pillion seat is wider than stock and both seats are gel. The backrest is excellent but to be honest I won't be riding anyone on the pillion as I'm using it for the Saddlemen tailbag that's designed to fit over the seat. The rider seat sits a little lower than stock so you can really get your feet planted on the ground. Now I know a guy who has the Mustang seat for his Vulcan and his wife is very happy with the pillion seat. I figure either way, you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
either will be better than stock. im pretty happy with the mustang. got the drivers backrest and it's decent.

overally im forward and slightly higher than stock. alot of which is with the stock seat i was often riding the gap between front and pilon,

there are a bunch of threads covering this already.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I too would also like some input i am looking at finding a new seat. I am a solo rider and have removed the stock passenger seat. I am only looking to replace the driver seat.
corbin is the only one i know of that sells the front separate, well some ebay stores might sell the mustang as a solo. russell will mod your seat.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I was okay with the stock seat myself, but I got the Mustang specifically for the girlfriend's comfort on the back, and she loves it. For the pilot, it does move you forward a bit though, but I got used to that pretty quickly, and the ergos feel normal to me now.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I picked up a Mustang Wide Touring for me and my wife - and she is SO MUCH HAPPIER with the bike now! We still can only make it about 2+/- hours before we have to stretch but it is a huge improvement. Like others have said, it moved me up and forward a little bit, but I find it feels natural to me now. This seat only gets better with time for me - this will be my third season with it and it's great! The only thing I really don't care for is how bit the passenger seat is, but I guess it has to be to comfortably accomodate the passenger.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It arrived, and installed. NICE! much better than stock. I am not totally convinced it is more comfy than the Mustang, but sure looks and fits better. :)

Vince

·
Registered
926 Posts
Pictures please!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It arrived, and installed. NICE! much better than stock. I am not totally convinced it is more comfy than the Mustang, but sure looks and fits better. :)

Vince
Awesome, thanks for the update! Just out of curiosity how wide is the passenger seat?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Happily, much wider than my girlfriend's butt....LOL
Mine was wider than my girlfriend's butt too...now that we're married it no longer holds that distinction, lol.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Mine was wider than my girlfriend's butt too...now that we're married it no longer holds that distinction, lol.
Funny how that happens. :D

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the update! Just out of curiosity how wide is the passenger seat?
Roughly 12 inches. I just rode 60 miles on my new Saddlemen and it's a huge improvement.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Roughly 12 inches. I just rode 60 miles on my new Saddlemen and it's a huge improvement.
Thanks for the update! Hard to choose a seat comfy for both the rider and passenger without trying them first. Guess I just have to dive in a pick one. Thanks everyone for the info!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts