Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

my dad and i are having a problem getting my bike to work. it´s been sitting for a while. We have tried running it, putting octaine booster in the old gas, and drained the gas and put new gasand stabelizer and booster in it, tried to run it and it still won´t run properly. The bike will run if the choke is out and only in neutral or first gear, the min. the choke is closed it shuts off and it also shuts off when you throttle up. Can anyone suggest anything to help? i don´t know much about bikes, but it´d be nice to get it running again. We have been letting it sit and run, and it seems to sound like a helicopter (like it´s going up and down when it´s idoling... if that helps)...

·
Super Moderator
12,603 Posts
put new gas and stabelizer and booster in it, tried to run it and it still won´t run properly.

the choke is closed it shuts off and it also shuts off when you throttle up. ...
Looks like you have done everything BUT the right one.

None of those products that you mentioned are made to CLEAN the carb., especially not octane booster.

You need to drain the tank and float bowls AGAIN and then put in about 1/2 tank of fresh regular gas and add 2 OZ per gallon of Berrymans B12 Chemtool.......then run it until it warms up; let it cool off for a couple of hours and run it again until hot. Then let it sit overnight and do it again.

Hopefully you will notice some improvement over the next couple of days.
If not, the carbs need to be manually cleaned by a trained mechanic.

P.S. Your running and testing must be done with a stock air filter in place. Have there been any modifications to the air box or pipes ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We decided to take it to a mechanic, Hopefully he'll get it to run. Thanks for the help!!! I'm going to keep this in mind if there's a next time... :)

·
Super Moderator
12,603 Posts
We decided to take it to a mechanic, Hopefully he'll get it to run. Thanks for the help!!! I'm going to keep this in mind if there's a next time... :)
Your bike doesn't need octane booster (and it won't benefit from "premium" gas either).
It doesn't need fuel stabilizer either unless it will sit unused for more than 30 days.

What it DOES need is an occasional shot of carb cleaner in the gas; like every 6 weeks or 10 tankfulls or so.

I hope you will come back with a report or how it turns out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts