Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2002 v star 1100 custom I have put new batter new starter ,,,new selnoid I have had the carbs rebuilt ,,,,,when I try to start it trying to turn over ....but it started making a noise like a clicking I put my finger on the starter selnoid and can feel.it like vibrating ....and it will not start ....I am at my Witt's end ...

·
Super Moderator
13,713 Posts
I have 2002 v star 1100 custom I have put new batter new starter ,,,new selnoid
Having already replaced the starter, solenoid and the battery.......this probably is NOT good news.
First you need to test the battery voltage after charging it up and letting it sit overnight.
If it is not at least 12.5 volts, you got a BAD new battery.

Then, if that checks out, take the spark plugs out and leave them out.
Try to turn the engine over with no compression and see what happens.
Do NOT get your face near the plug holes when doing that because gas might come flying out.
Your engine might be locked up......either mechanically or hydro-locked because of liquid in the cylinders.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a million brother.....I am pretty new to this working on my own bike .....ALAWYS to took to a shop .....but I am 50yrs old now and think I got the practice under me enough to start fixing myself .....I really appreciate the advice....I gonna try again tomorrow....we'll see ...... probably be back with more questions lol lol 😂

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It started bout 5 mins ago runs under full choke .....I just wondering if maybe the heater on crab have to hooked up ....I was told no need ....what do you think by chance

·
Super Moderator
13,713 Posts
Say it is hydro locked is it fix able
You are asking some pretty ....mmmmm.....far out questions.
Your previous post said that it started and ran so it is NOT hydro-locked.
But yes, almost anything is fixable.

And no, the carb "heater" probably has nothing to do with it.
BUT you really should not be testing it without ALL of the parts connected, especially the stock air filter and pipes.

·
Super Moderator
13,713 Posts
And a small clarification:
The Carb heater should have nothing to do with it not starting.
It MIGHT have an impact on not running good after it gets started though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts