Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I bought my first "big boy bike" last night. After years of wanting one I finally sucked it up and spent the moeny, and I'm not at all dissapointed. Originally I was going to get a gsx-r from a freind, but after hearing the advice from all the seasoned riders on here I decided that probably wasnt the best bike for me. I ended up getting a 2002 SV650s. She has right at 6,000 miles on her, silver with the full fairing kit. New tires and brakes front and rear.
I'm really happy that I stumbled upon this site. You have all been really helpful to a new-b. I plan to be around for a long time to come :) Thanks again

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And now the pics!!!! About 15 min after this shot my buddy hopped on his gsxr and we spent the next 3-4 hrs riding. I'm sore, but I've fallen in love:mrgreen:
I can't say how happy I am that I bought this wonderful machine.

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
Your link doesn't seem to be working.

·
Registered
631 Posts
New_rider417 said:
Originally I was going to get a gsx-r from a freind, but after hearing the advice from all the seasoned riders on here I decided that probably wasnt the best bike for me. I ended up getting a 2002 SV650s. ......I plan to be around for a long time to come :)
By not buying the GSX-R, I think your chances of being around for a long time are greatly increased!!!! Congrats!!!:bluethum:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone! I'm absolutely loving this machine. I've put over 1000 miles on her in the past week :) Every trip out I feel more confident in some aspect of my riding abilites, and I love how my mistakes are noticable, but don't leave me on the ground in pain or worse.
I've ordered front and rear signal eliminators to clean up the lines a little. They have started to show up in the mail now, so hopefully sometime next week I'll be able to get it all installed and some pics up.
I also ordered some frame sliders that don't require any cutting or anything, but don't work on the bikes with the full fairing kit :( So if anyone is interested in some sliders cheaper than you can get them on Ebay let me know.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Do me a favor and get Nate's Motosliders installed ASAP. These are the best sliders made specificly for the SV's frame and radiator.

==> Motosliders SV Frame Sliders MS-1

These are the best out there, hundreds of SV riders like myself swear by them!!!

:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts